Spark Plug Tubes???

-

jhdeval

Reaction score
Okay I have seen several people say the spark plug tubes are brass right? Well today in an attempt to close off the last oil leak I could find I went ahead and replaced my spark plug tube gaskets. As I pulled each one up I used some brake cleaner and a green scrubby. Through the muck they appeared to either be steal or aluminum is that possible? Could this maybe the source of the oil leak?

brass??? never seen one brass... not a slant or a hemi...

i think they are aluminum but never really checked... they magnetic? tells really fast...

Not sure if they are magnetic and they are already back in so I am going to just leave em. They were all the same a few had some not straight lips. I straightened the lips and cleaned and put em back.

Not sure if they are magnetic and they are already back in so I am going to just leave em. They were all the same a few had some not straight lips. I straightened the lips and cleaned and put em back.

well you can still test them in the car...

Didn't really think about it. I been kinda drinking since I came in from the garage so brain function is slightly impaired. :)

-
Back