Spark plug wires

-

CudaRoar

Reaction score
Who makes a good set of spark plug wires that have builtin radio supression and what is a good brand of plugs for a stock 318?

Thanks, I bought a set of Accel wires and now I get no spark at any of the plugs. The whole story is that, I went to install a white performance Dist. and when I pulled it out because the engine wouldn't start "might be off by 180" It was hard to pull out. Well I finally got it out. I tried to put the old dist. back in and it wouldn't set all the way down in the block. I look in the dist hole and found the oil pump shaft was raised up a little. I messed with it for awhile and it finally set back into place. Does the oil pump shaft have anything to do with engine timing or is it just driving the oil pump. I replace the control box tested and looked at the back of the balist resister tested good. How do you test a coil? What are the volts a the + side and the - side? Sorry for the long post. I am lost on this one.

68 Barracuda FB
318 4 barrel carb
4 sp

FireCore50 ignition wires. MSD or FBO distributor.. www.firecore50.com

CustomWireset-14.jpg

340-1.jpg

yes it has an effect on timing,it runs your distributor.

You need to fix your oil pump timing first. To do this you need to pull the #1 spark plug out of the head.(front left plug if in the drivers seat). Step 2 you need to rotate the crankshaft by hand till #1 is at TDC of compression stroke(If your finger is in the hole of head where spark plug came out it will want to blow your finger out of the hole). Step three when TDC is reached here you need to look down the hole where distributor goes and try to draw an imaginary straight line from distributor drive slot to #1 plug or front intake bolt on left side of mainfold. Step 4 install spark plug. step 5 remove distributor cap and set the distributor in hole with distributor rotor pointing at #1 plug/manifold bolt. This will get you close. Oh yeah, your problem sounds like your ballast resistor. How did you test it?

-
Back