Spark Plugs

-

75dartsport

Reaction score
Just finished putting the W-2 heads on the 360. I have a question on what is the best spark plug to run with my combo. I should have about 10 to 1 compression. Its a .060 360 with W-2 heads. Mopar 284/480 cam. Running a MSD ignition box, and coil. What is the best plug and what gap should I run. Thanks RIck

I ran E3 in my plugs with a set up like your they worked great for me. They were good right out of the box.

I dont want to sound stupid, But I don't know what E3's are. Never heard of them.

I found the E3. I need a plug I can get at any local parts store for now. I was running AUtolite 65. Is this a decent plug? What gap does everyone usually run with an MSD ignition?

I've experimented with splitfire plugs in the past. They ran so clean you could not read them at the track. I've seen plenty of tv show claims about the e3,including some test time at MIT. The plug just flat out works. I' did see another show where the typical chev 350 was run on a dyno with and without the e3. It made about 7 more h.p,but the really big thing was much lower emmisions and a lower fuel consumption. I have not tried the e3 myself yet. Was thinking smalller scale,maybe a new e3 plug for the snowblower next season. Those small engines always run rich,so a good plug would really help it.

use the autolites they are cheap and last a long time. i have a similar engine to yours but more cam.the car did not pick up anything with ngk,bocsh or splitfires.mineare 65s gapped at 45 my 2 cents.......

Ive had e3s for 3 years now in the cuda they are great, run them in a garden pulling tractor no problems. They have a lifetime warrenty on them I sent 1 pkg back they gave me new ones.

NGK R5671A-8, or -7 for a little hotter plug.

Ive had e3s for 3 years now in the cuda they are great, run them in a garden pulling tractor no problems. They have a lifetime warrenty on them I sent 1 pkg back they gave me new ones.

Lifetime warrantee and they back it up. This is enough to convince me to try the E3. It will go in my 3.8 litre V6 in my 00 Caravan. Onboard mileage calculator makes it very easy to track improvements in gas mileage,so I'll let you guy's know either way.

We ran a new set of E3's at the San Antonio race a few weeks back & they slowed the car down .2, we put the used Autolites back in & got the .2 back. We checked the plugs lengths & the E3's were 3/16" shorter than the suggested Autolites. The E3's were also hard to read. E3's are a gimmick like the Splitfires & the U groove plugs. Check out what Slantsix Dan had to say about them. JMO

-
Back