sparkle glass cleaner

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
i was at church today doing some cleaning and i had to use some window cleaner
for whatever reason the blue stuff we usually have wasnt there and there was a bottle of sparkle glass cleaner on the cart

almartimages.com%2Fasr%2Ff840ccfd-6590-4416-9f70-42a14c0e8d1a_1.72b6c6dc5ee3d19969fc6ec47bca783c.jpg

i'd never heard of the stuff, but cleaner is cleaner so i sprayed some on the window i was cleaning

i took one sniff of this stuff and just like that i was 25 years back in time at a local Citroen/Peugeot dealer ship where i as a teen had a job doing "zero mile service" on brand new vehicles

i dont know what they had to use to clean the windows on those cars but it smelled EXACTLY like that sparkle stuff

i was at church today doing some cleaning and i had to use some window cleaner
for whatever reason the blue stuff we usually have wasnt there and there was a bottle of sparkle glass cleaner on the cart

View attachment 1715959602

i'd never heard of the stuff, but cleaner is cleaner so i sprayed some on the window i was cleaning

i took one sniff of this stuff and just like that i was 25 years back in time at a local Citroen/Peugeot dealer ship where i as a teen had a job doing "zero mile service" on brand new vehicles

i dont know what they had to use to clean the windows on those cars but it smelled EXACTLY like that sparkle stuff
Maybe that's what it was. Did it work well?
I use this:
Glass Cleaner | Sprayway Inc., Pioneers in Aerosols since 1947
I used Sparkle for years until they changed their formula. I switched to Spray Away. (Rusty) Less streaking and love the smell and the foaming action works great on bugs on the grill and headlights. I buy mine at Wally World.

I really dislike cleaning the windshield on any vehicle really. That one seems to be the most pain in the ***.

but when it comes to glass cleaner, I’ll buy the best there is. Still haven’t found one I like yet.

Showing my age for a moment, Way back in 1979 I bought a new Mustang Cobra. I used some window cleaner made by Mothers. It was a crème consistency and it would dry after a minute of application. Took a towel and dusted it off, similar to wax. I liked it well but, quit being so fanatical about my car when, I got more involved with the ladies.

-
Back