Speaking of W2s

-

360PLUS

Reaction score
I picked up a set of open chamber later W2s a while back and sent them to a friend that does HP cylinder heads.

Here are the flow #s fairly ported

2.08 intake 1.60 exhaust

.100" 78 cfm 62cfm
.200 153 116
.300 212 151
.400 258 182
.500 279 195
.600 281 203

Im not a head expert by any means by it appears that the low and mid lift #s are quite good, but the .500-.600 are lacking. I already have a .020 stroker 360 short block in the works that that have 0 deck flat tops with approx 6cc reliefs.

The guy who did the heads unshrouded the chambers and now that are 75cc with is a bit disturbing. It works out the compression should be about 10.3

how do these #s look? can it produce 550 hp or am I SOL

I have not picked a cam yet

I picked up a set of open chamber later W2s a while back and sent them to a friend that does HP cylinder heads.

Here are the flow #s fairly ported

2.08 intake 1.60 exhaust

.100" 78 cfm 62cfm
.200 153 116
.300 212 151
.400 258 182
.500 279 195
.600 281 203

Im not a head expert by any means by it appears that the low and mid lift #s are quite good, but the .500-.600 are lacking. I already have a .020 stroker 360 short block in the works that that have 0 deck flat tops with approx 6cc reliefs.

The guy who did the heads unshrouded the chambers and now that are 75cc with is a bit disturbing. It works out the compression should be about 10.3

how do these #s look? can it produce 550 hp or am I SOL

I have not picked a cam yet

Those flow numbers are good. Go with a solid roller cam and use MRL lifters. You will be very happy you did.

Agreed. The big flow numbers up top are not needed for the target goal. The numbers look good. Also @ 10.3-1, the 92/93 octane will do. At this ratio and a iron head, you have to be careful not to run to small of a cam. Which I don't think that will be a issue here today with your goal in mind. You probably already know that the more cam you run the more cylinder pressure bleeds off and this the reason why there is an increase in ratio to begin with.

All things considered, I think your on the right track. Now it's up to the cam to complete the job. For sure, go with the Solid roller for the best area under the curve and power output.

For surely try and take advantage of the flow ability of the head.

Agreed. The big flow numbers up top are not needed for the target goal. The numbers look good. Also @ 10.3-1, the 92/93 octane will do. At this ratio and a iron head, you have to be careful not to run to small of a cam. Which I don't think that will be a issue here today with your goal in mind. You probably already know that the more cam you run the more cylinder pressure bleeds off and this the reason why there is an increase in ratio to begin with.

All things considered, I think your on the right track. Now it's up to the cam to complete the job. For sure, go with the Solid roller for the best area under the curve and power output.

For surely try and take advantage of the flow ability of the head.

I agree with this. But don't get caught up too much in flow numbers. I've had my W2 heads on 2 different flow benches and both were very different. As long as the port job was done well, those heads will make some power. There are some things that aren't going to show up on a flow bench but will be realized in a live motor. Also +1 on the bigger cam. I'm running 11:1 on my iron W2's with 91 octane in 100 degree heat with no issues yet. Running a fairly healthy roller cam with some overlap in it.

Its not about flow numbers,its about how well the velocity of air flows in the head.

-
Back