spear trim

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I'm prepairing my 65 barracuda for paint and just wanted to check on removing the chrome strips that run from the tailights forward.
Thats about all the chrome left on the car. It seems a little loose, but I didn't wanted to pop it off and break any clips.
Thanks,
Tommy

Not real sure about the Barracuda, but the rear fender top trim on the Darts were held on by little spring clips that bolted through the fender with little speed nuts. It was possible to access the nuts through the trunk. Loosen up the nuts and the strips slide out. If you find clips that are rusted or rotted out, Mr. G's in Fort Worth has a bunch of that kind of thing.

Not real sure about the Barracuda, but the rear fender top trim on the Darts were held on by little spring clips that bolted through the fender with little speed nuts. It was possible to access the nuts through the trunk. Loosen up the nuts and the strips slide out. If you find clips that are rusted or rotted out, Mr. G's in Fort Worth has a bunch of that kind of thing.

Yep, there's some spring clips AND speed nuts. You won't be able to "pop off" the trim w/o removing the speed nuts...

thanks for the info. I'll work on that in the morning
Tommy

As I recall, I climbed into the trunk with a flashlight and found the mouldings were just snapped in with a figure-8 kinda looking clip. I used a small pocket screwdriver on the outside to just get the front of the moulding high enough to insert a heavy plastic knife (courtesy of my local glass shop) and they all popped out cleanly. The back of the moulding tucks under the taillight so you'll have to loosen or remove the lamp,

-
Back