Special Thanks to Ink Junkie and Blake Wade Pyron

-

64 AAR Valiant

ODD DUCK
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is what life is all about, or at least it should be.
Back over Christmas Doug put up a post about a young man who has down syndrome and likes cards. Well he was also a Cowboys fan, and as much as it bugged me ( long suffering Eagles fan) I went to the sporting goods shop bought him a Cowboys ski hat and along with the card sent it on it's way. Just trying to spread some holiday cheer.

Figured that was that. Well today I check the mail and there is a letter addressed Eagles Fan.

On the back of the envelope is a request to send a Card To A Solider.
Inside a picture of this fine young man, arms stretched, holding what can only be numerous awards and ribbons with the heading June 2015 Graduate.

I've been suffering from extreme depression lately and THIS really lifted my spirits.
Thank you Blake Wade Pyron. You lifted an old mans spirits more than you can imagine, and Thank You again Doug for bringing him into my life.

Thanks Ray....but don't expect to many comments here....it is me afterall....

Made me feel good when Ink asked us to help this young man and made me feel good that just a simple request could make someones day.We need more of this.

Blake is a very special young man. I keep up with him and his family on Facebook.

I was happy to send Blake a card myself. I also want to thank you Doug for bringing this to our attention so I could at least put a smile on his face. Im glad that Blake was able to put a smile on yours Ray!

Missed sending a Christmas card but sent him a birthday card

If a simple card can make the young man happy then I'm glad I could do it

Thanks for passing the info along.

Thanks Ray....but don't expect to many comments here....it is me afterall....

Shoot ink :wack: what you talking about Willis :D :cheers::cheers::cheers: for all of you today :glasses7:

I just got one of those today also!!!

I only sent a Christmas card and missed the Birthday, but he still sent me one of the graduation cards.

Now I'm gonna get him a card and send it to him...

Way to go Blake! You da man!

-
Back