Specialty Wheel - Mopar steel wheels

-

swinger1969

Repeat Mopar guy
Reaction score
Coker supplies Mopar steel wheels ( 5on4" pattern) made by Specialty Wheels. I have heard / been told there are problems with the ones from Wheel Vintiques ( cap fit and balancing). Does anyone know if the wheels from Specialty are good with no problems , or are they in fact the same wheels from WV? I can't contact Specialty to ask , which makes me wonder!

Coker should be able to answer that for you. I do believe that Wheel Vintiques have fixed their problem.
The thing is how do we know which is which ? Meaning W V old or new stock.

Wheel vintiques are good to go, center caps fit perfect. I think the other brand steelies was having center cap fitment issues ....

My new Wheel Vintiques has cap fitment issues. The humps are not deep enough to hold my dog dishes on so I’ve got to modify them and my wheels are already painted. Lesson learned. Other than that they are nice wheels.

Coker should be able to answer that for you. I do believe that Wheel Vintiques have fixed their problem.
The thing is how do we know which is which ? Meaning W V old or new stock.
I called Coker and asked them and they said " I haven't heard of problems" , but nowdays who do you believe???...one guy hasn't heard of problems? I tried to call Specialty wheels but the number was "out of service"! It's a big gamble and worse if you have to ship them back etc.

My new Wheel Vintiques has cap fitment issues. The humps are not deep enough to hold my dog dishes on so I’ve got to modify them and my wheels are already painted. Lesson learned. Other than that they are nice wheels.
That's what the problem was before , so maybe they don't have it fixed???

When I got mine there were two different caps. One for OE and one for their wheels. I think the ones for OE had a -1 after the # or something like that.
Yep, 2050-1 or 2050.

When I got mine there were two different caps. One for OE and one for their wheels. I think the ones for OE had a -1 after the # or something like that.
Yep, 2050-1 or 2050.

Hmm that’s weird. I told them I had original aluminum red line dog dishes when I ordered them. I got them a few months ago.

I just recently had cap fitment issues on my new Specialty Wheel 15x7's. All I had to do was about 3 minutes work to the hubcap mounting lugs with my Dremel. I used a polishing stone to just slightly increase the depth of the mounting lug behind the nubs. Very minor work, cap that would almost fall off now can't be removed by hand. Im glad I caught this prior to sandblasting and painting. Total fix time less than 10 minutes. I have original red circle caps.
I had no issues with cap fitment on the 15x6 Specialty Wheels I bought year prior.

I just recently had cap fitment issues on my new Specialty Wheel 15x7's. All I had to do was about 3 minutes work to the hubcap mounting lugs with my Dremel. I used a polishing stone to just slightly increase the depth of the mounting lug behind the nubs. Very minor work, cap that would almost fall off now can't be removed by hand. Im glad I caught this prior to sandblasting and painting. Total fix time less than 10 minutes. I have original red circle caps.
I had no issues with cap fitment on the 15x6 Specialty Wheels I bought year prior.

My plan was to use a dremel too. Yes it’s a easy fix just wish I caught it before i painted them lol. Thanks for your input!!

My plan was to use a dremel too. Yes it’s a easy fix just wish I caught it before i painted them lol. Thanks for your input!!
You might get lucky and not need to repaint. With my hubcaps on you can barely notice where I removed powder coating on wheels during modification. You would have to be looking for it to notice.

I'm sorry to hear that Coker was of no help to you.Bad customer service does not sit well.

Unreal! I just talked to Wheel Vintiques and they said there's no problem and nobody there knows of them having one , but the diameter across the inside of their caps is 8.75" so the original caps won't fit right. So that means you have to buy their caps too? So Specialty Wheels makes them for Coker and WV makes them for other dealers???......what do you trust to buy ?????

What are you looking for ?... is it the 69 dart in your avatar...
I have steelies custom made for the rear if you want to stay with sbp... they are sbp 14 inch centers made to 15 inch ... and they have the CORRECT center not the updated version .. let me know if you are interested ..

I have steelies custom made for the rear if you want to stay with sbp... they are sbp 14 inch centers made to 15 inch ... and they have the CORRECT center not the updated version .. let me know if you are interested ..
Yeah that's my car in the avtar. I want to stay with the stock SBP and I've got 15" redlines so I've been looking for 15x6's . Maybe email me at [email protected] and we can talk ??

I have 15 x 7 small BP from Vintiques, purchased about 3 years ago. Although I've never ran them (car not done) OE poverty caps fit nice and tight.

Wound up going with the ones from Coker made by Specialty Wheels. Talked to them and they said they weren't aware of problems , so we'll see!

What width and backspacing are these? Are they still available?

And???...I got the ones from coker and they seem fine, but I think they will need some "tuning" with a cutoff wheel / dremel behind the nubs to make the caps hold a bit better, which is what I plan on doing. They seem to hold "ok" now but I want to be sure.

-
Back