Spectrum Internet is a Dishonourable Company to Do Business With!!!

-

PROSTOCKTOM

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My new fiber optic internet that I got in September is great. Spectrum on the other hand is a dishonorable company. I was told when I signed up that my bill would be $82.97 for year as a promotional deal and would then increase after 1-year which I am fine with as that's what I was told and agreed too. This month they raised the bill $12.01 to $94.98. After hours and hours on the phone they told me pay it or quit this is your new bill due to a $12.01 rate increase across the board to their customers. While they may have told me my bill would be set for one year I was informed that they are a month to month company with no contracts and can raise the bill once a year in January. I am so sick and tired of how all these shady companies can get by with this behavior and never get punished for these business practices. So I told them I would just file a complaint with the Indiana Attorney Generals Office and they told me to go for it.

Tom

Last edited:
All of them are like that. I have to check my T-Mobile bill every month because every couple of months the just decide to add insurance on all my devices for me. I have to call and get it removed. They know what their doing, assholes.

So instead of getting the agreed upon price for a year they gave you six months. If so that stinks.

I’ll hold my tongue because it would get political but I will say these utilities and entertainment companies have a free ticket to raise rates at anytime for any reason.

Don't get me started about my dumpster.

Average increase of 25% per year.

Do you have a copy of the guaranteed rate and term?

Your word against theirs.

I switched dumpster companies because the rate was going up 25% each year.

I also reduced the size from a 3 yard to a 2 yard, and cut my bill in half between the two moves.

The salesman said 3-5% increase per year, when I specifically asked.

A year later, that company was bought out by WM.

Same year the price increased $60, and then roughly a 20-35 dollar increase per year. Sometimes more.

Now I am over what I was paying for the 3 yard, but only have a 2 yard.

Crooks.

I believe the business model is offer a low initial price and then jack it up every year, and pretty soon the guy paying $69 is paying over 200.

Almost zero competition.

Last edited:
Your word against theirs.

I switched dumpster companies because the rate was going up 25% each year.

I also reduced the size from a 3 yard to a 2 yard, and cut my bill in half between the two moves.

The salesman said 3-5% increase per year, when I specifically asked.

A year later, that company was bought out by WM.

Same year the price increase $60, and no roughly a 20-35 dollar increase per year. Sometimes more.

Now I am over what I as paying for the 3 yard, but only have a 2 yard.

Crooks.

I believe the business model is offer a low initial price and then jack it up every year, and pretty soon the guy paying $69 is paying over 200.

Almost zero competition.

Waste Management owners should be in jail.

Republic is just as bad.

At least WM didn't force upsell me a "container refresh" program that I had to opt out of and took three attempts to cancel.

I'm seriously thinking about buying or building my own dumpster and buying a truck with wheel lifts that I can modify to lift and dump the dumpster.

I'd rather spend my money on tags and insurance for a write-off service vehicle than $2500 plus a year for a dang dumpster.

...plus then I'd have a real tow truck.

IIRC the local landfill (about 3 miles away) charges $10 per yard.

I will say that customer service wise, spectrum is night and day better than verizon.

As long as I can help it, I will never do business with verizon again.

-
Back