Speeding ticket rant

-
In Montana thier law was stated right at the border on a big sign...."Trucks 75 daytime and 65 at night. Cars are regulated to a safe spped given the conditions." IIRC. I was blasting through at what I figured was a safe speed given the contitions at 90 mph. I saw a cop way behind me and slowed to a tick under 90...... He passed me doing an easy 110-120, no problem. It was clear and dry and I was on my way to my uncle's funeral of which I was to be a pallberer. This was about 1998. On my way back I was passed ( I was doing 90 again) by some guy in a new mustang with IL plates doing maybe 120-130. Sure enough, 10 minutes later I saw him pulled over.......

there is a town south of me called Reardan. consider yourself warned, 30 means 30. not slowing to 30 at the sign.30, not 31. one officer in particular sits where he can radar you where the limit is still 60. he has been known to wirte people up based on his radar reading before the limit drops to 30. if you are turning off of the road, turn from the lane, do not move out of the way and turn from the shoulder, he will ticket you. 1 plate light out, 1 on, ticket. sees you the next day and not repaired, ticket. so if you are ever in Eastern Washington on highway 2 (turns into I 90 by the airport) consider your self warned. i often will travel the dirt rounds thru the farms just to avoid this clown......

Not to hijack this thread but yesterday I was pulling out of a gas station after getting gas in my truck and was pulling my seat belt over to buckle up, Well there passes a highway patrol car and he pulls over about 500 ft from the gas station and as I pass by he pulls out behind me and on go the blues. He ticketed me for not having my seatbelt on $25.00 fine with $100 court costs total $125.00. I assumed that I could put on my buckle in the gas station parking lot and the trooper said if I was moving in a forward motion without the belt off, that the ticket was warranted. What do you think?????????

Typical Gestapo chickenshit.

Wrong. If everyone was doing the speed limit like they are supposed to be doing, there would be no need to slam on their brakes when they see the police. No pile-up if you're driving properly.

Wylde1. (speedus maximus)

This is true, but the reality is on a major highway the traffic typically moves as a group in a speed above the limit, especially during rush hour. The cops either stay put during this time, or speed by everyone. When I got that ticket I was going to work later, less traffic, done.

The seat belt ticket at the gas station- come on! Protect and Serve, right? Does that fall under "Protect?"

All of these are things you can change ,judges are elected so are county and state sheriffs . Run against them on a platform of cleaning out the corrupt local law and most of your neighbours will vote against them ,You have so much unused powewr in small town areas compared to the major metro areas all you need to do is grow a pair and organize , In my time in michigan I beat a ticket from a state cop for following him at 90 0n I127 by argueing I thought my speedo was wrong surely a cop wouldn't drive that fast for no reason with no lights on how could I be speeding if I was following him , The Ingham county judge smiled and said" get your speedo checked I would really rather not see you again Mr West case dismissed" . When they pull crap like the private property nonsense go to the Federal court in your district {Battle Creek for those of you in mid michigan }and demand to charge them with operating an ongoing criminal enterprise under the federal racketeering statutes aka the RICO act as US citizens you have a right to access the Federal courts and file private prosecution cases against your crooked local authorities . Any time there is more than one person involved ie a cop -a prosecutor or even a cop and his watch commander you have a conspiracy under federal law , I dragged my ex-wife down there against a judge and a former prosecutor operating a collection agency regarding a debt from her first marriage after they seized our joint account for the 3rd time in 16 months I had documented proof that the judge was rubber stamping orders that allowed him to seize 140% apr in interest and fees -LOAN SHARKING the court accepted her paperwork with the judges signature on it and sent us back to the judges court after calling her to discuss her error and recomending she adjust her orders to bring them in line with federal law .{ they don't want everybody exorcising their right so they will try to facilitate an of the record settlement } The original debt was erased and a refund of all monies collected above the legal limit at the time .
Back to speeding there are several people out there who have written books on how to beat the radar and a bad cop { like the one mentioned in Wa } among them is a former cop operating as "Cop Busters"{ I may be off on the name but I beleive he is based in the south west } most systems for beating a speeding ticket rely on filing several disclosure demands against the officer involved ie .. did his training include a degree in electronics? radar guns are sensitive electronic devices placed in the hands of someone who's IQ and psyc profile scores are low enough to serve in law enforcemant in the first place { they really don't hire anyone smart enough to question the legality of his actions , they tend not to follow orders blindly }.When was the last time a licensed tech from the manufacturer tested the unit that was used against you etc... find these books and read them I know it seems like a losing proposition to lose a days pay or two fighting but it's not you will pay for that ticket for years to come in insurance costs even if it's your first and you get forgiveness from your insurance you have still lost your cushion . You have so much at your disposal to fight back but it's easier to bend over and take and that's what they thrive on and that's how the laws keep getting tougher -Grow a Pair and Fight Back or they will keep on taking more every year.

PS .The Federal 55mph was dropped because after 20 years the stats showed no drop in the accident rate and an actual increase in the death rate%. funny thing is michigan was a 10 over state before the change back and last I was ther they were tagging you for 5 over so the net speed people drove was the same -73mph with the cruise on was always safe -if you want to know who the cops lawyers and judges are on this site watch the flaming begin

got a ticket last year for 30 over and it cost me almost 400 dollars, and my insurance almost doubled 90 to 160 so that is 840 bucks a year. so far that ticket has cost be well over a thousand dollars and my ins company said I may start to see a drop in my rate in about 3 yrs so all in all that sucker will cost me about 3k minimum realistically over 4. And yes I have called every major ins. company for quotes. Also there is no chance of me getting full coverage on a car got a quote the other day for an 04 evo and it was 700 a month. Yes it was my fault Im an idiot I was going to fast but come on I honestly would rather have gotten arrested for burglary went to jail did some community service and got my record sealed than had to suffer the financial burden I am now.

I got a friendly 144.00 USD kick in the groin today in WA for speeding in the middle of no where farm land:pale:

-
Back