speedo cable question

-

67'barracuda273

Reaction score
Anyone know the thread size/pitch for a speedo cable on a 904 out of a 67'? the previous owner cross threaded the sob :angry7:.

I just went through this Monday but unfortunately I couldn't find a thread die big enough. I have thread files and did figure out it's 18 threads per inch but that's the best I could come up with. I was able to file the threads back in shape after about 15 minutes of filing.

If I had a guess I'd say it's 7/8"-18, but that's just a guess.

I just went through this Monday but unfortunately I couldn't find a thread die big enough. I have thread files and did figure out it's 18 threads per inch but that's the best I could come up with. I was able to file the threads back in shape after about 15 minutes of filing.

If I had a guess I'd say it's 7/8"-18, but that's just a guess.

thanks. Im hopin somebody will know, I got a local snap on guy that comes to our shop hes havin a special on taps and die right now that go up to 1.25" so im sure he would have something.

Yeahhh I could, originally I was debating whether or not I wanted to pull the plate that goes into the tranny, figured id try here first.

It is really easy to pull the speedo gear housing - just note which mark is lined up to the mark on the housing.

-
Back