Status
Not open for further replies.

straightlinespeed

Sometimes I pretend to be normal
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Contact seller
I picked up a cable here, but once I got everything into place and went to make the final connection at the speedometer, the white plastic part shattered and the cable no longer works properly.

So Im in the market for a new cable or a very good used one. Let me know what you have.

If you haven't ordered it yet I have some NOS cables I got in a parts lot. What part number are you looking for?

There just isn't a good way to route any extra length in the cable. Correct for A-body is about 63 inches.

What type of nut is used at the transmission end? If it's a large hex nut then the ATP 80" Part#Y-881 cable is not correct for your application. If it is a smaller round connector at the trans then the Y-881 is correct.

If you haven't ordered it yet I have some NOS cables I got in a parts lot. What part number are you looking for?

Woody,
I don't know the exact part# but would you happen to have a 63" speedo cable with the large hex nut on the trans end of the cable and the standard plastic clip on the speedo end.

Im gonna do some digging, but Dad n I ordered from Rockauto part #Y803(ATP is the mfg) and it was waaaay too long!! I believe the correct # is Y804. Lemme chk.
OH this was for dadsy 67 cuda 273/904 console shift.

71 Steve

Unfortunately those are threaded on both ends and wont work. The speedometer side has to slide and then snap in. I can get a brand new one thru Dodge for $66 or the same one thru Mancini for $57. I'm thinking I'll just go that route

If 80" ATP # Y881 is too long, the next size down they make is 60" Y829.
It's nice to have lots of catalogs at my fingertips!

71 Steve

Unfortunately those are threaded on both ends and wont work. The speedometer side has to slide and then snap in. I can get a brand new one thru Dodge for $66 or the same one thru Mancini for $57. I'm thinking I'll just go that route

Gotcha Ramie...burns my butt though, seeing how cheap these are and some retailers jack the $hit outta the prices. Call ATP, I did and good people to deal with. Here is the link

http://www.atp-inc.com/

My worries about that cable is that its listed for 83-94 Chrysler vehicles. So I dont know if the connectors on the ends are correct for the Dart

I have one from a 72 dart if you are still in need of one. Drop me a pm with your address and I'll send it to you. Just pay shipping.

My worries about that cable is that its listed for 83-94 Chrysler vehicles. So I dont know if the connectors on the ends are correct for the Dart
The Y829 in the buyers guide may indeed say it fits only 83-94, but in the type & length section in the catalog the Y829 is listed in the same catagory as the Y881, just shorter. I've been matching up speedo cables for over 30 years for muscle cars & street rods. It's really easy to do with the picture catalog with every type of cable end separated in it's own catagory listed shortest to longest. You can all do it yourself by going to their website and download the "replacement parts" catalog (not the supplement). You will see the Dart listing on page 262 showing 1968+ using style # 17. Next go to page 279 and you will see style # 17 picture, length and part #. If you have a different tranny end just match up the picture and go from there. Thats how us old school counter people do it. It's easier than you think. Hope this helps a lot of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back