Speedo

-

jw97neon

Reaction score
i know that speedo gears for 65 904 are hard to find and costly if you do. Is there anything I can do to fix my speedometer in my dart?

i know that speedo gears for 65 904 are hard to find and costly if you do. Is there anything I can do to fix my speedometer in my dart?
It depends on what's wrong. Are you sure it needs a gear?

The speedo reads off. I guess I should stated that.
You will just have to search and be patient for the correct gear. I don't remember seeing the 65 and older gears being reproduced.

You will just have to search and be patient for the correct gear. I don't remember seeing the 65 and older gears being reproduced.
Ok thanks. I was really hoping that was not the case.

I have one in perfect condition, complete with cable that’s in excellent condition. Is there a particular tooth you’re looking for? Pm me if you’re interested.

Jake
Awesome thanks. I always forget about them.

You could send the speedo out and get it cleaned and replace any worn parts. The speedo IS 53 years old and is bound to have worn parts. I always have it calibrated it as well. My 65 FSM gives the pinion size by color/number of teeth/transmission/rear end gearing for the OEM tire size. You will have to convert the current sizing of your tires to the OEM size. Pull the gear and see if it is correct or you need to change it based on your tire size and gearing.

I have a few of different size pinion gears if needed.

-
Back