Speedometer gear question

-

deanster

Reaction score
I swapped transmissions from 904 to 727 and now my speedometer is reading fast. Will the gear from the 904 fit in the 727? Thanks...Dean

Yes it will.

Somewhat strange that your speedo would be off, as it more relates to tire size and rear gear ratio.

I went to a /6 904 to a V-8 904 and the speedo is off 10mph.
Is there a gear I should get for that?

(sorry to steal your thread)

Right.

Post you tire size and rear gear ratio and we can figure out what speedo gear you need. There are some calculators online. I have a pretty good calculator on my computer at work that is within 2 mph.

Ah, I see! Good point! So if I have 3.21 gears, I'd have to look for a 904 gear that matched 3.21 rear end. Do you know where I can find these gears?

(oh, just read above post!)

I have 265/50/15's with a 3.21 rear end.

thanks!

My rear end has 2.76 gears. I guess the donor car had 2.42 gears. Thanks for the answers. I'll change it out tomorrow....Dean

Right.

Post you tire size and rear gear ratio and we can figure out what speedo gear you need. There are some calculators online. I have a pretty good calculator on my computer at work that is within 2 mph.

Duster346, I'm wondering if you could compute the gear I would need? I have replaced the rearend with a 8 3/4 with a 3.23 ratio and have 205/70/14's tires. Thanks for any help! Bill

-
Back