Speedometer Gears

-

Map63Vette

Reaction score
So who all carries these things? I've looked around and the previous one I ordered through YearOne was from TCI, but they don't have any listings past 31 teeth or so (I need 36 for the new rear end). I've seen that Brewer's carries them, but apparently anything over 33 teeth is made of platinum for the prices they want. Passon has them listed on their main menu, but no individual listings for specific gears (trying to get a hold of them now). Jack's Auto Parts used to carry them, but when I called about them they said they don't have them anymore. Are there any places I'm missing? I have a hard time comprehending that a part that has been the same in pretty much EVERY Chrysler transmission since the 60's up to the 90's isn't available aftermarket anymore. I'm pretty sure the one I got from TCI was even used. I paid $15 for the 31 tooth one, but the best price I've seen for a 36 is $40 USED... I don't need to know how fast I'm going for that price, lol.

Try Andrews racing. They say on their website 66 and up gears are $15.95 each. They don't show a 36 tooth but it may just be the picture. Call Chris at 303-660-0522

Okay, thanks, I'll give them a shot tomorrow. That's a much more reasonable price. Keep any more suggestions coming =P.

Yeah, I've had decent luck with Ebay, just didn't know if there were any places that had them on reserve so I could just order one up and get it on the way soon instead of having to wait around. The car didn't have one at all when I bought it, so that was a fun several weeks, lol. I figured I might end up putting up a wanted ad here as well, but was looking for a little instant satisfaction first, if such a thing exists with Mopars, lol.

A want ad might be a good place to start. As far as e-bay goes a lot of times you can find things with the "buy it now" option so it's like buying from any other place. Only way to know is look.

Called Andrews as well and while they didn't have a 36 tooth, they did point me to another place. A&A Transmissions seems to carry them and possibly even be making them new, but unfortunately still kinda pricey at $40. There was one other place I found online (can't remember the name, just a Google search) that had lots of gears for various transmissions, I think $30 or so apiece. Apparently Passon has been closed for the past week or so, will try them tomorrow when they're open again.

Nice, I'll have to look into that one. Heard back from Passon and they said $30 used. Was going to see if I could work a trade in with anyone I dealt with since everything used anyway and I won't need my old one. Would be nice to knock a few bucks off.

Edit: Too bad that $20 isn't for all sizes though... They want $70 for a 36 tooth, jeez.

$20 from Cope Racing transmissions

Better look again. Up to 34 teeth they are $20. 35 teeth and more are a whopping $75. That's the first place I looked cause I bought a 35 tooth gear from him a couple yrs. back and it was only $18 then. Not sure why they have become so expensive all of a sudden. I think I'll latch onto every one I find from now on. Might turn out to be worth a fortune like a Hemi block, LOL :-D

If you're going to the Nats there is always a guy in the same place that sells them. I think they're all the same price at something like $15.00. He has bins of them and has a chart there to cross-reference them so the less informed can figure out which one they need. He is always right inside the back entrance, Gate H off of Refugee Rd. I should stock up on all sizes if they're getting that hard to find!!! Geof

-
Back