Speedometer "setting" for 14" tires

-

flynlady

Reaction score
My speedometer is off by 10 mph. Apparently I need to adjust something because I have 14" tires instead of 13". Can someone please tell me what is correct setting? I KNOW I'm using the wrong terminology.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum.

Actually, the only adjustment you can make is replacing the speedometer gear in the transmission. You'll need to know how many teeth the original one has, measure the outside diameter of your new tires, and we can run the numbers in the MOPAR book to tell you which tooth size is correct for your combination. Or, if you know the ring gear size and tire outside diameter, we can give you the number now just by looking in the book. If I remember correctly, it's the Chassis book.

Brad

Yup. Replace the gear. Unlike "the rest" of the manufacturers, at least Ma used the eccentric plug on the trans so you can plug any tooth gear in there

I just opted to buy a cheap, used GPS on CL. We don't have tunnels here, LOL

Are you going 55 and showing 65 on the speedometer or the other way around.

and what size 14" tires are you using.. I have 13" and going 55 when it says 65..

You need to know rear gear and tire height. Then change the speedo gear to the appropriate tooth count, make sure to "clock" the housing correctly upon install.

Attachments

• speedo 002 (Medium).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 129
-
Back