Spicer 789x too big...

-
Did you get it figured out man

Yes, the inside ear to ear measurement was 2 1/8-1-4

The spicers are the same size as the ones that were in there, in every way.... except the center section of the spicer u joint is thicker.

This prevents me from being able to pivot in the capless u joint because the center section hits the ear enough to prevent me from getting both ends in.

I don't have much knowledge with the 789x spicer. But if you have the small joint 7260 yoke, I have always used the 315 or 317 (same joint, different grease fitting location) Precision joints with no problem.

^^ You have to keep the rubber grease seals with the caps, and remove the grease Zerk.Then the boss on the u-joint where the seal rides will fit right into one loop allowing the otherside to drop in.

Oops, I guess I shoulda read all the way to the end.

Yes, the inside ear to ear measurement was 2 1/8-1-4

The spicers are the same size as the ones that were in there, in every way.... except the center section of the spicer u joint is thicker.

This prevents me from being able to pivot in the capless u joint because the center section hits the ear enough to prevent me from getting both ends in.

Sooooooooooooo did you find a good alternative?

napa is checking with splicer to see if they made a change recently that makes them not fit.I will probably go with a standard joint just wanted a stronger u joint

i ran into the same thing a couple of months ago when i had to shorten my drive shaft, only they were moog joints. dont know if they were misboxed or not, but they were a hair to wide. had to take em back and let the drive shaft guy buy em. its getting to where you cant buy anything right anymore. dave.

-
Back