Spider gears

-

Arend Huisman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i have a 1964 Dodge Dart with a 9-bolt differential and lookin for a new set of spider gears. Any idea where i might find them?

grtz, Arend

I don't believe anyone makes new gears for this rear end. I'm guessing this is a 7-1/4" version? If so, you will have to find some used ones.

Well, actually I want to change my 2.93 gear for a 2.76 that I bought from a 1978 Dodge Diplomat.
I'm not sure if that's possible. So if anyone knows if a 2.76 ring and pinion will fit a 9-bolt diff of 1964, that would be interesting to know too. I don't know if the 1978 diff is a 9 or 10-bolt version. I will check that tomorrow. It's bedtime, where I live... ('round midnight, Netherlands)

Well, actually I want to change my 2.93 gear for a 2.76 that I bought from a 1978 Dodge Diplomat.
I'm not sure if that's possible. So if anyone knows if a 2.76 ring and pinion will fit a 9-bolt diff of 1964, that would be interesting to know too. I don't know if the 1978 diff is a 9 or 10-bolt version. I will check that tomorrow. It's bedtime, where I live... ('round midnight, Netherlands)
It will, as long as it's from the same style 7 1/4. There are two versions. The 9 bolt cover and 10 bolt cover and they do not interchange.

Okay, but actually I use the carrier of a 10-bolt (I just realized), so then the spider gears will fit the carrier. But will the carrier fit the diff housing of the 9-bolt?

Okay, but actually I use the carrier of a 10-bolt (I just realized), so then the spider gears will fit the carrier. But will the carrier fit the diff housing of the 9-bolt?
You need to call Motive Gear. They can tell you for sure. That way, you're cuttin out the middle man. I know very little about the 10 bolt cover rear.

why do you want to change from 2.93 to 2.76 gear , only about 180 rpm's difference ,, really not worth the time or the money to do it.

-
Back