Spindle ????

-

mopwr2004a

low slung chassis
Reaction score
I have some spindles leftover from a previous project but not sure what they are.

I know they are A-body drum brake spindles, my question is how do you know if they are for 9" or 10" brakes

Try Google Images if you won't post photos here. 9" drum spindles have an offset gooseneck.

I will post some pics when I get a chance. Just thought that someone could tell me a way to measure them or something distinct to look for

Looking at them in an as installed position a 9" has an s bend in the upper section. 10" is straight down in every case I've seen.

Look like my 10" drum spindles. There are L & R ones. The aft bottom hole should sit lower, so the ball joint tilts down toward the steering link. In my 65, one lower hole is threaded, which I found after beating to get the "rusted" bolt out. If someone is changing a SBP to disks w/ a Scarebird kit, might be wise to change from 9" to 10" spindles if replacing parts anyway, because the 10" spindle uses stronger bearings.

yes these are left and right. they do have 1 threaded hole and I almost made the same mistake about beating the threaded bolt out.

so these are for 10" drum brakes?

-
Back