Spinning intake bolt

-

MidnightSwinger

Reaction score
Of course I can never leave well enough alone, I was going to pull the intake to clean it and paint it. Getting to the last bolt that holds the throttle bracket on, I get a little bit of tension, and then it spins freely, and then it’ll get tense again.

I have tried to shove a flat head under the throttle bracket, and pry while I try to back the bolt out, but I don’t appear to be having any luck.

Mostly just trying to kick some ideas around and see what you guys say, to keep myself from getting frustrated and giving up ha ha ha. What do you think?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Get something under the intake and pry up while loosening the bolt.

Take off the valve cover and catch and shavings that fall out of that bolt hole when coming out.

Once I was in the same position. It was a small nut on the backside.
I usually don’t tell other men that I love them, especially strangers, but I love you man. You just save me so much grief. Thanks @413 and @RustyRatRod for the quick response time, I don’t know about you but it makes it feel a lot better when other people are trying to help me with a problem and I’m not stuck on my own.

Jared

image.jpg

Just Grind the head off or drill it then remove manifold and soak the stud with a lube then vice grips or stud remover

At least it didn't fall any farther! I'm glad you got it figured out. If you're careful, you can HeliCoil that hole back to the correct size. You'll need to thread the HeliCoil in with red Locktite on it and let it cure completely before you reassemble.

At least it didn't fall any farther! I'm glad you got it figured out. If you're careful, you can HeliCoil that hole back to the correct size. You'll need to thread the HeliCoil in with red Locktite on it and let it cure completely before you reassemble.
You ain’t kidding! I’ve never used a helicoil, so it’s about time I try it, I aint attempting to but the nut back on.

Heli coils work great. They are tough and are not going to fail in this 3/8x16 low torque application

Heli coils work great. They are tough and are not going to fail in this 3/8x16 low torque application
Now you’re just making it easy on me! Thank you. Here is a shot of the freshly painted intake. It was all worth it now it looks awesome.

DEC6E127-4ACC-4242-B593-05AB5710B6F6.jpeg

F85FC07B-1D2E-4CFE-AB8D-9B5CBE9E21A8.jpeg

That's a dumb *** fix , holy **** how stupid.
Good thing you caught that. I'd slap the **** outta who did that.

You should see how much RTV they used on the china wall and valley pan! I’m dreading scraping all that **** off.
I tell ya, that is a really annoying clean up, do you have a flat carbide scraper? That's the ticket

Last edited:
I tell ya, that is a really annoying clean up, do you have a flat carbide scraper? That's the ticket
So tedious, the whole top end is open! I’ve got blue shop paper towels in the intake ports and I cut the gaskets off the old valley pan to use as a booger catcher. I’ll use foil to cover everything when I scrape the china wall.

I’ve got the permatex plastic scraper, I’ll look into the carbide scraper, thank you.

So tedious, the whole top end is open! I’ve got blue shop paper towels in the intake ports and I cut the gaskets off the old valley pan to use as a booger catcher. I’ll use foil to cover everything when I scrape the china wall.

I’ve got the permatex plastic scraper, I’ll look into the carbide scraper, thank you.
Carbide scraper are a bit expensive, I got mine off of the Cornwell truck.
Sounds like you got a good plan!

-
Back