Status
Not open for further replies.

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I need a spiral lock for a full floating .990" pin. My machinist or I had misplaced one. The one thing I never counted prior to sending everything to the machine shop and my engine came back with only 15 spiral locks. If anyone has one laying around, I can paypal or mail you a few bucks for it. Let me know what you have?

I have some for a 340. I'm not sure of the pin dia. They shouldn't be very expensive to purchase but you do have to buy 16. If you think they will work PM me your address.

Is .990 the size for big blocks? Small blocks are .984 and i have some extra of them but I'm not sure they'll work where a .990 pin is. What piston's are you running?

Summit sells them in 2 or 4 packs cheap if no one here has what you need. I bought a 4 pack for Wiseco's when I lost one. Cost about $5 if I remember right.

Another place you might look is McMaster-Carr. You can buy pretty much anything you would ever need to put a car together there, lol. I did a project back in college that used spiral locks for it and I think we got them from there. They are really a car place, but I think if you just put in the right size for what you need you may come up with it.

I was going to buy from Summit, but they add on the extra handling fee with their free shipping. I am using Keith Black pistons for a 500 cu in stroker. They pistons are part number KB841.
I am not sure if the small block ones will work, I would imagine that .984" pin compared to the .990" pin would not be that much of a difference. I am going to email Keith Black and see if they will work, hopefully I won't get the typical buy from us response.

.990 is a big block Chevy pin diameter. Maybe there's a speed shop nearby that has tons of Chevy parts.

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I emailed Keith Black to find out if the .984" spiral locks will work. And I received an email back from Marko Glush at uempistons.com and they are sending me a couple free of charge, no shipping cost.
Thanks for all you on FABO that were willing to help. Another reason why this site is so awesome.

Thanks everyone for the assistance. I emailed Keith Black to find out if the .984" spiral locks will work. And I received an email back from Marko Glush at uempistons.com and they are sending me a couple free of charge, no shipping cost.
Thangs for all you on FABO that were willing to help. Another reason why this site is so awesome.

That's a good deal. Sounds like KB has good customer service.

you need 32 locks for a v8 as you need 2 per side and 4 per piston,just my 2 cents,and .990 is the big block chevy size

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back