spirt of 76 Dart Sport

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
It always cracks me up to see the rust buckets people buy and brag about. Then this car just sitting for sale so cheap.

Its cheap to buy but is another $1500 to ship it to the east coast and finding someone to ship a non running car isnt easy.

My Hang10 had those same seats.

It looks clean, but there can a lot hiding under that paint.

Look at the pictures closer, the place or person provided pics of 2 or maybe 3 different cars. The close ups on the two fenders have different strip colors! The other is the pics of the wheels. One shot has originals and the other a shot of after market ones. The one front fender has a ton of bubbles under the paint. I just do want to see someone get suckered. Or he is providing some old pic from the 70's? It's cheap but maybe for a reason.

Look at the pictures closer, the place or person provided pics of 2 or maybe 3 different cars. The close ups on the two fenders have different strip colors! The other is the pics of the wheels. One shot has originals and the other a shot of after market ones. The one front fender has a ton of bubbles under the paint. I just do want to see someone get suckered. Or he is providing some old pic from the 70's? It's cheap but maybe for a reason.

One pic is 1/4 where stripe is blue.

The stripe changes color from blue to red as it goes down the side of the car. Same car in both pics. Definetly different wheels though. Buying a car sight unseen is always a gamble. What the seller thinks isn't much rust or "surface rust" is always different from reality or what the buyer sees.

i figured the wheels had been swapped out, and someone hammer tuned the fender....part of the bicentennial stripe package is the blue to red....

hmmm....I know just a little history on this car and no it's never been mine :wink:

"Almost everyday someone stops in front of my driveway and asks if I want to sell it."
Well ?

Very selective pictures of this car, something smells fishy.

"Almost everyday someone stops in front of my driveway and asks if I want to sell it."
Well ?

Very selective pictures of this car, something smells fishy.

LOL, so in that case, this car should be sold within a couple days, eh? LOL...

My father used to own one of those. 4spd w/ overdrive. Used to get 38mpg.

no way . those were rated at 23 highway and 17 city
Your quote doesnt show the dart lite, which was built for better fuel economy.
Was only 15 or so years ago. First long drive was to englishtown nj. We got down there (200mi or so) thought the fuel gauge was broken it only read it used a little over 1/4 tank, he told the gas attendant to put x amount of fuel in it thinking the gauge was off. Well half of the gas ended on the ground from the overflow, and the attendant kept pumping... We paid close attention to it afterwords, and I garuntee you it was high 30's on long drives.

Your quote doesnt show the dart lite, which was built for better fuel economy.
Was only 15 or so years ago. First long drive was to englishtown nj. We got down there (200mi or so) thought the fuel gauge was broken it only read it used a little over 1/4 tank, he told the gas attendant to put x amount of fuel in it thinking the gauge was off. Well half of the gas ended on the ground from the overflow, and the attendant kept pumping... We paid close attention to it afterwords, and I garuntee you it was high 30's on long drives.

that is exactly what that is based on. the 225/6 4 speed OD . besides, the extra few pounds the dart lite was shed is not going to yield another 15 miles per gallon

The chart you posted is for a standard Dart Sport with an automatic. The Dart Lite was EPA rated at 36 mpg highway.

From Wikipedia:
In response to increased interest in fuel economy, Dodge offered the "Dart Lite" fuel economy package which weighed at least 150 lb (68 kg) less than the ordinary Dart Sport.[5] The 225 Slant Six was the only available engine, equipped with an aluminum intake manifold for the first time since 1960 and a specially calibrated carburetor and distributor. Bumper reinforcement brackets were aluminum instead of steel, while the hood and trunk lid bracing and inner panels were also aluminum. The Slant Six engine block had already been modified for reduced weight in 1975; in the middle of 1976 production its crankshaft was changed from forged steel to lighter cast iron. The high-flow exhaust system included a dual-biscuit catalytic converter, a 2¼" headpipe, and the muffler used on V8 models. The Dart Lite was equipped with a 2.94:1 rear axle rather than the customary 3.21:1 ratio when the car was ordered with a three- or four-speed manual transmission. The A833OD overdrive 4-speed manual transmission housing was made of aluminum. Like all other Darts, the Dart Lites with automatic transmission came with a 2.76:1 rear axle as standard equipment.[5] The Dart Lite with manual transmission was rated by the EPA at 36 mpg (6.5 l/100km) in highway driving. The Plymouth version was the Feather Duster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back