Spitfire Headers Length,What to do??

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
I,m putting the Spitfire headers in my 66 Dart and am stuck on wether to run my exhaust from the header flanges,or add an extension peice to clear by the torsion bars and stop under my feet?Then run the exhaust from there back.I want to be able to undo and run open headers at the track.Any advise?What have other guys running these headers done?Thanks

Run the extension pipe, add cut outs, then finish the exhaust. 6 bolts to open exhaust!!!!!!! I watch alot of my buddies struggling at the track unbolting and bolting up to go home.... Me 5 minutes-one 9/16th socket...
My 2 cts

Bob
64 dart

Run the extension pipe, add cut outs, then finish the exhaust. 6 bolts to open exhaust!!!!!!! I watch alot of my buddies struggling at the track unbolting and bolting up to go home.... Me 5 minutes-one 9/16th socket...
My 2 cts

Bob
64 dart
I,ve thought about that,but I also own a car trailer!Never struggled with my other cars headers,just keep fresh nuts and bolts handy!Makes it easier for on and off.I,ll have to see if exhaust shop will make me some cut-outs?

yep, hope you find a solution you're looking for but you will be better off with the extension to headers dumps if taking to a track. Check Summit or have a muffler guy make the dumps for ya IMO.

I still like the bands clamps. No gaskets and easier to bolt on the early a's. Plus reusable.

-
Back