spitfires or manifolds

-

river rat

Reaction score
What's the opinion on spitfires vs manifolds? I already have a set of spitfires, just not sure its worth the hassle of installing. My car is a 67 cuda with a mild 318 with the usual bolt-ons and cam upgrade.

thoughts?

Had spitfires on my Duster,Easy install.You didn't say if you have a auto or not,mine was a stick so a little work was needed to hook head pipe to header.Not bad though. I liked them.

Had spitfires on my Duster,Easy install.You didn't say if you have a auto or not,mine was a stick so a little work was needed to hook head pipe to header.Not bad though. I liked them.

car has a 904 with a column shift

Good luck gettin spitfires unless it's from Lay$on$.

I don't have any specific numbers but going from manifolds to Spitfires gave my car a noticable bit more snap in the bottom end. I added an X crossover in place of an H pipe at the same time so that may have contributed some as well. (arguable) I was building new 2-1/2' primary pipes for my exhaust anyway so the changeover to Spitfires just fit together. If you have 'em I say use 'em!

On anything other than a 63-66 car I wouldn't ever consider Spitfire headers. Are they better than manifolds? Probably. Are they better than generic 4-into-1 long tube headers? Probably not. If it were me, I'd just get a set of Hedman/Summit/Hooker plain steel headers and sell the Spitfires to offset the costs.

Schumacher Creative Services now has smallblock TriY's.. I've used their BB TriY's and really like 'em. Not Cheap .

Schumacher Creative Services now has smallblock TriY's.. I've used their BB TriY's and really like 'em. Not Cheap .

I see them on the website...but not as orderable yet...I'm going to call them tomorrow and see what the status is on them.

-
Back