Spool or biscuit trans Xmember?

-

ValiantOne

Reaction score
Okay, just spent 15 min searching to no avail. I have both types of trans crossmembers available to me. Is one inherently better stronger? Spool type vs biscuit type?

Thanks

CE

Personally I like the spool unit. In my opinion it is a more failsafe design. Also energy suspension makes a poly kit for the spool type.

The only one that failed on me was a very old non spool mount type in my 1970 340 duster street strip car. The rubber was old and probably oil soaked. The trans did not break completely free as there is some fail safe to the mount design even in the non spool type. But the trans was moving around for sure. Given the choice, the spool mount would be the one for me.

The only one that failed on me was a very old non spool mount type in my 1970 340 duster street strip car. The rubber was old and probably oil soaked. The trans did not break completely free as there is some fail safe to the mount design even in the non spool type. But the trans was moving around for sure. Given the choice, the spool mount would be the one for me.

Exactly the same experience with spools, and i feel the same way about them.
I used rubber in the one I have now, as well as rubber in the motor mounts and front leaf bushing to keep drivetrain noise transfer to the body down.

-
Back