spray adhesive for legendary seat foam

-

72dustervs

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is everyone using for a spray adhesive for seat foam, I plan on starting my upholstery soon and have new foam from legendary ,

I'm sorry, but why would you glue your seat covers to the foam???

I'd for sure try a test spot if you did use anything, some chemicals eat some foam.

I’m using 3M 77 and it works great. I was thinking about getting some 74 but didn’t need it.

I'd for sure try a test spot if you did use anything, some chemicals eat some foam.
If you buy a foam kit you have to glue the muslin and some foam pieces on. Also if you want to add foam you’ll need spray glue.

str12-340

Here's one of the install steps from Legendary where you need adhesive.

Cheers!

If you buy a foam kit you have to glue the muslin and some foam pieces on. Also if you want to add foam you’ll need spray glue.
Yes I have new foam for both bucket seats , I have watched the video from Legendary many times as it very helpful but they only say a general purpose glue , I was hoping to know what they use in the video . As the aerosol sprays I have heard may not be what I need ,, the 3M 77 perhaps will work but was looking at something like Dap Weldwood HHR contact cement but want to make sure it will not damage the foam as some do

I don't find 77 good when you need something to grip fast. Of course you get the chance to reposition the piece before it sticks permanently. If I wasn't getting by with the 77 I would try the 90 or 74.

-
Back