Spring Fling Speed Festival, So Cal, April 9th, 2015

-

Alltime

Reaction score
Drive your car on a 2.5 mile track April 9th, 2015. At Willow Springs Raceway's "BIG Track".

Info page

i fly in at 31th march to seattle
at the 9th april 1 stay at LA area and yes
i will drive to the race way and i hope i meet many FABO member !

please brother and sisters give me any addresses from junkyards on my route direction Vegas

Yeahaaaaaaaaaaa

Man if only I could get my Dart ready for that. The only thing is I don't think the little 273 will be able to take the abuse.

The Valiant is all-in on this one!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 575
Man if only I could get my Dart ready for that. The only thing is I don't think the little 273 will be able to take the abuse.

I ran my 273 Barracuda a few years back. It had around 100K on the motor. No problems. It's a fast track so heat isn't an issue, at least not for me. The uphill section and the looong straight really get you jonesin' for more cubes, though...

You do want your brakes workin' good.

I ran my 273 Barracuda a few years back. It had around 100K on the motor. No problems. It's a fast track so heat isn't an issue, at least not for me. The uphill section and the looong straight really get you jonesin' for more cubes, though...

You do want your brakes workin' good.

I'll have big brakes installed soon. The 273 is bone stock, miles are unknown but odds are it's over 150k miles on it. It's got low compression on one of the cylinders. The only other problem I may have is I swapped out my 2.93 gears for 3.55's.

Glad to see Buckshotbishop, Muumuu101, and Tomswheels are planning to join ! Only 5 weeks left to finish prepping your rides.

Discounted price of $275 is still good through 3/19/15. Then Regular price of $325 applies.

Also there is a noon Drag Race for those who don't know how to use the steering wheels.

Where
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560

$275 for only 2 more days !

Track Day, Thursday, April 9th, 2015. After 3/19/15 price is $325.

Who's coming so far?
66 Dart - Carrera Panamericana
66 Barracuda- Canadian prepped
66 Mustang Fastback- Body shop fresh paint as of last Friday
69 AMX- Oil pressure problems, Temp problems
73 Duster- Veteran Lemons Dart with Senoma Stripes
Mustang- Grabber Blue Newish
BMW
'94 Miata- Supercharged
'94 Supra- Irwindale Drifter prepped
2000 Audi TT
2015 Hellcat- Arizona
Miata- stock
Velosters x 10- Turbo and naturally aspirated
Gulf GTI
Kia RIo- Hamster Boost

Jim Pierce Motorsports Veloster Challenge. Check it out! They will be joining us on April 9th.....with 12 cars ! see above list.

The rest of the day is our unusual high quality Track Day event. See event page below for more info.

Spring Fling Speed Festival IX, April 9th, 2015 @ WSIR

Back by popular demand... Drag Racing at lunch break !!!
Payout for 1st and 2nd places. Limited to the first 16 cars. $30 per car. No start lights/Tree, just some guy in plaid pants and a skinny tie jumping up in the air giving you the indication that now is probably a good time to hit the ga

I know that feeling of disappointment. My Duster is in a million pieces right now. Maybe by next year, or if I'm lucky....Fall Fling.

Where
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560

$275 for only 2 more days !

Track Day, Thursday, April 9th, 2015. After 3/19/15 price is $325.

Who's coming so far?
66 Dart - Carrera Panamericana
66 Barracuda- Canadian prepped
66 Mustang Fastback- Body shop fresh paint as of last Friday
69 AMX- Oil pressure problems, Temp problems
73 Duster- Veteran Lemons Dart with Senoma Stripes
Mustang- Grabber Blue Newish
BMW
'94 Miata- Supercharged
'94 Supra- Irwindale Drifter prepped
2000 Audi TT
2015 Hellcat- Arizona
Miata- stock
Velosters x 10- Turbo and naturally aspirated
Gulf GTI
Kia RIo- Hamster Boost

Jim Pierce Motorsports Veloster Challenge. Check it out! They will be joining us on April 9th.....with 12 cars ! see above list.

The rest of the day is our unusual high quality Track Day event. See event page below for more info.

Spring Fling Speed Festival IX, April 9th, 2015 @ WSIR

Back by popular demand... Drag Racing at lunch break !!!
Payout for 1st and 2nd places. Limited to the first 16 cars. $30 per car. No start lights/Tree, just some guy in plaid pants and a skinny tie jumping up in the air giving you the indication that now is probably a good time to hit the ga

I'll be there with my 68 Barracuda

I believe the 71 Challenger is coming from Phoenix?

What about the white 69 Daytona and the green 70 Challenger?

i fly in at 31th march to seattle
at the 9th april 1 stay at LA area and yes
i will drive to the race way and i hope i meet many FABO member !

please brother and sisters give me any addresses from junkyards on my route direction Vegas

Yeahaaaaaaaaaaa

Please make some pictures and post them in the german Moparforum!:D

This event sounds pretty damn cool! I already can't wait to see some pics!

Add anther Hellcat, and also another '71 Challenger to the list. Both from NorCal.

That 71 Challenger is a new one. First time to this event?

Evan is coming all the way from Canada with this '66 Barracuda pictured below. Every year we get a couple guys drive down from Canda, also NorCal and lots of western states.

Yes Steve this is a new '71 Chall coming .

It's so awesome getting out on track with all the mopars.

All you really need is that your car is dependable. Then you'll have a fun day. There's plenty of room on the 2.5 mile track and drivers just follow on corners and pass on the straights. Super safe. And hours of seat time . Not hours of waiting in line like drag racing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 400
Hey guys, Yes I am making the trek down from Canada and am really looking forward to this! I have kept my eye on this event for some time now. Steve invited me down last year but something came up and I had to bow out at the last minute. This year nothing was going to stop me, I made many changes to the car to prepare for this so I can have some fun out there in a non competitive way. In the part of the country I live in there is nothing like this where you can get your car out on a track and thrash on it all day long, hell if you get a ticket here going 30 mph over the limit on the highway they take your car for a month and your licence for a week and a $395.00 ticket! Now Im not saying that the highway is a place to race your car but you get the idea of the fact you have nowhere to play here. I am very involved in racing up here but this looks like a great place to have fun in a noncompetitive way, come on guys if I can do it so can you, lets get some more cars out there having fun, THIS IS NOT A RACE! See ya there!

Hey guys, Yes I am making the trek down from Canada and am really looking forward to this! .......but this looks like a great place to have fun in a noncompetitive way, come on guys if I can do it so can you, lets get some more cars out there having fun, THIS IS NOT A RACE! See ya there!

I hope you don't mind i edited your post. If this guy can make it all the way from Canada surely we can show him a good time at the track. If you've ever thought of trying a track day, you will not find a safer track, a better group of instant friends to run with and show you the ropes, or better instructors willing to give sage advice. I started running my 71Challenger with minimal upgrades on the very first Speed Festival years ago. Ive missed several along the way, but i look forward to it all year long. This year i'll be breaking in the fresh 372ci small block at the track. It has tuning miles on and maybe 50 street miles. This track day has had more "street cars" than prepared cars, and eveything from 6 cylinder cars to hemis and nearly every body style. If you are on the fence post about taking your car to the track, come on out and watch the action on the 9th of April and make plans to get your car ready for next year. Anyone who has been there will tell you it is a blast!! For full disclosure There are some downsides to bringing and running a car to the event. You will probably get a sunburn. You will probably make friends cooler than the ones you have. You might stay out past your bedtime with these new friends. You will learn HOW to drive your car. You will learn how to tweak your current set up for maximum performance without spending a dollar on upgrades. You probably have to fake an illness to get the day off work since you didn't plan for it.

You spent the money on tires brakes and sway bars, come to Willow springs and use them!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 405
Here's another A-body coming!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 356
Tuning the leaf spring packs for next Thursdays Mopar Speed Festival.
Want to get the Dart a little flatter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 321
My Dart won't be making it. It will be sent to a shop next week to get the finishing touches put on it and some safety concerns sorted out.

My Dart won't be making it. It will be sent to a shop next week to get the finishing touches put on it and some safety concerns sorted out.

Bad timing with your Dart.... Sorry to hear that!

-
Back