Spring Fling, Van Nuys 4-17-10

-

Spenc71

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I just got home from going to the Spring Fling Mopar car show and Swap meet. Very good showing. Lots of nice cars, some old some new. Many many swap meet folks with lots and lots of gold parts. That is to say they wanted a whole bunch of money for parts. Examples: 8 3/4 open pumpkins for $350. Posi for 450 to 500. Housings only $300. reproduction steering wheels (not very well reproduced) $299. Manual steering boxs $500.
I found many things to buy but the prices were way out of hand.

It was nice to see all the Mopar fans. I am very envious of some of the cars on display. They were great.

My hats off to those that put it together and sponsered the event. They did a really good job. Thank you.

There were lots of great deals out there. I Johnny Dart saw an original 325 v-8 fan shroud for $100.

I saw a lot of manual boxes out there. And saw some change hands. Didn't get a price, but I doubt for $500.

I got: 68 GTS stainless wheel lip very nice one small ding in complete set of four, GTS door panel emblems, 1 Dart rocker spear, E-brock RPM intake, 1.18" T-bars, 68 Cuda H/L bucket that I can repair myself, near perfect 68 Dart H/L bezel, 68 Dart hood crome near perfect, Cal Custom V/covers modded for breathers, 1 NOS A-body door handle, 1 NOS C-body door handle, 69 340 block and caps STD bore..
All for just under $700 from a lot of different swappers. Did I pay gold prices for all of that???

The E-brock RPM intake was $80. Near perfect 68 Dart H/L bezel and 68 Dart complete 3pc hood chrome near perfect were $20 each.

pict1526.jpg

-
Back