Spring Fling Winners From FABO :)

-

daves66valiant

68 Dart 340/727:66 Signet Vert 340/5spd: 68 D100
Reaction score
Had a great time meeting everyone. I can't remember all the names but here goes.

rlk340, crackedback, gtxexperience, redfastback, socal_65dartgt, johnnydart, hawaiiduster. I'm sure I missed a couple others.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:Congrats go out to socal_65dartgt (aka Doug) for a 3rd place finish in the restified early-a-body category:cheers::cheers::cheers:

:cheers::cheers::cheers: Congrats go out to redfastback (aka Steve) for 3rd place in the restified 67 and up a-body class :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Oh I was happy to receive a 2nd place finish for the IN-PROGRESS category. Very first trophy and first car show. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Hope to meet more members next time it was a blast

47b8db24b3127ccea94179c2aa4100000026100AYs27Ji3ZsmPg

Congrats. Bravo for taking all the time and effort to bring it out to the show. I'm sure the car inspired others to work on their projects.

I wish I had video of you and a passenger driving up to your class sunday morning. That was awesome. I think the 1st place car was on a trailer. I love it! Just proof of the "run whatcha brung" mentality.

I hope you took plenty of pictures of it at the show. THEN you can show them when the car is finished at the same show.

congrats to the others that won as well. good job!!!!! it was great meeting all the members(johhnydart, davesvaliant, socal65dart, rlk340, hawaiiduster, bossvega, phantomduster, gtxperience, crackedback and i bet i forgot 1 or 2!).

thanks again steve for giving us a great show!!

Yep, You still have that ugly hat... :-D

Good to meet you as well.

Congrats to all! I only met a couple of FABO members, redfastback & daves66valiant. I spent a bit of time talking to a guy with a gold 65 Dart GT, but didn't get his name, possibly socal_65dartgt?

Anyway, it was fun, but it made me realize how much work my car needs!

Oops! I almost forgot. I met Russell, too. Not sure what his username is, though.

Oops! I almost forgot. I met Russell, too. Not sure what his username is, though.

That would probably be me. Had a good time this weekend meeting members, putting faces to names. I just wish my tires would have smoked a little more during my burnout but they are dirt track tires & they have a hard time making smoke unless I just sit there burning them down. All in all a good time, except for getting sunburnt on sat & my 6yr old son putting a ding inthe left qtr panel sat nite @ the cruise. He has Autism so I can't get mad at him, plus I could get paintless dent guy fix it.

I WAS THERE...i met steve, chatted with him a bit...watched him get orange silicone all over himself ! LOL... it was great weather (like usual) and a nice showing of cars....too bad i sold of my mopars before moving from connecticut to socal...oh well...Some of you might of saw me.. i have long red hair and "R/T" tattooed on my right arm. i called AdamR while i was there to rub it in that he was missing a good show ...

That would probably be me. Had a good time this weekend meeting members, putting faces to names. I just wish my tires would have smoked a little more during my burnout but they are dirt track tires & they have a hard time making smoke unless I just sit there burning them down. All in all a good time, except for getting sunburnt on sat & my 6yr old son putting a ding inthe left qtr panel sat nite @ the cruise. He has Autism so I can't get mad at him, plus I could get paintless dent guy fix it.

Hi Russ I saw your car there but you must have been out looking. I was selling parts over in the swap meet area with my Junk yard wagon. had a great time and talk to a lot of guys about my V6 fuel injection magun. I park it until I get some 3.55 gears for now. had to dig the 65 valiant Conv out of storage to drive.

Dart64gt

:cheers::cheers::cheers:Congrats go out to socal_65dartgt (aka Doug) for a 3rd place finish in the restified early-a-body category:cheers::cheers::cheers:

:cheers::cheers::cheers: Congrats go out to redfastback (aka Steve) for 3rd place in the restified 67 and up a-body class :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Oh I was happy to receive a 2nd place finish for the IN-PROGRESS category. Very first trophy and first car show. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Daves66valiant – pictures don’t lie. Your craftsmanship is first rate. Although it is taking longer than you thought, the time spent will be well worth it. It was freaking cool to see you beat an essentially finished, high-dollar build on a trailer. The best part is that 2 out of 3 “Under Construction” winners were a-bodies owned by FABO members.

Congrats to robertnb64 – his 69 Cuda with 5.7 3g hemi was the other A-Body owned by a FABO member that won in Under Construction – placing 3rd.

It is like winning twice for me because robertnb64 and I spent the last year helping each on our builds. The 340 X-head/727 combo that used to be in his ‘Cuda has now made its way into my engine bay.

I WAS THERE...i met steve, chatted with him a bit...watched him get orange silicone all over himself ! LOL....

I also wandered by and saw redfastback doing a classic field repair. I can sure relate. Those red cop wheels of his look even better in person. I especially like his take on engine bay wiring. I’m going to redux the headlights on his recommendation.

I spent a bit of time talking to a guy with a gold 65 Dart GT, but didn't get his name, possibly socal_65dartgt? QUOTE]

Yep that was me. Fun talking to you.

Spring Fling had to be one the coolest Mopar experiences I've had. I met several FABO members and saw their craftsmanship first-hand. I got to root for them in their class and celebrate their success. I entered my car for the first time and was recognized. And best of all they gave me new cool ideas on how to improve my ride. I’m sorry I missed some of the other members that were there. If your local, we need to figure out how to connect.

Autoxcuda – Thanks for all the hard work to make this happen!

Congrats to you FABO guys........good going. Very cool that dave66val got 2nd for in-progress category, I think your car is probably the most watched project on FABO and with good reason, good work man, we look forward to seeing it winning at shows all done up:cheers:

does anybody know which 68 cuda took first in the 67-76 restified? they didn't show up for their award(at least i didn't see them). i think it was the 68 yellow notchback parked next to me with the yellow/black engine bay???

2nd place was the yellow dart vert? or the yellow 70 dart hardtop?

-
Back