Spring Perches question

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm welding new spring perches on a Dana 60 housing how many degrees should they be set at? nose down, nose up or straight? Thanks in advance for any info:thankyou:

I'm welding new spring perches on a Dana 60 housing how many degrees should they be set at? nose down, nose up or straight? Thanks in advance for any info:thankyou:
Street stock about 2-4 degrees. Racing allows more, like 4-6
Lakewood sells shims to fine tune it if you afe a hair off, they offer 2 ,3 and 4 degree wedge shims .

I do mine 3-4 degrees down for an automatic and 5-6 for a manual if it’s a leaf spring car.

Doesn't it GREATLY depend on the angle of the drive line (crankshaft/trans)???

Treblig

Doesn't it GREATLY depend on the angle of the drive line (crankshaft/trans)???

Treblig

Oh heck yes it does, but generally we assume the trans is where it always was.

It's a three point measure.
Vertical measurement of the end of the trans, then driveline angle itself, then rear end vertical measurement. (plus your estimated torque movement)

Basically you want the same but opposing angles at each end of the driveline. (plus the torque twist estimate added at the rear end)

Ok, so I am doing the exact same thing as the OP. I am about to weld perches for my Moser 60, I am also swapping in a T-56 and have yet to fab the crossmember. Driveshaft is installed and trans/diff are mocked up. I will be street driving and track any chance I get. What angles should the trans, driveshaft and pinion be set at? I see your explanation Trailbeast , just trying to get a better understanding. Thanks!

-
Back