spring relo: offset vs. mini tub for handling?

-
My tires rubbed on the top of the fender on one side and I had to take out the bolts that are at the back if the fenders to the inner apron. You might have to loosen all the fender bolts and move the whole fender around a bit to make them fit worse case. Also adding camber helps with the contact at the top lip of the fender.

IMG_0552.jpg

^ I second this, also had to take those bolts out. Didnt have to move fender but its pretty tight in that area with 245/45/17s.

Interesting. When I was still running my Duster fenders the 225/60/15's cleared at the back, I didn't have to mess with the fender to splash apron bolt like that. But that may have been because I was already running adjustable strut rods and poly LCA bushings at that point, I run the strut rods as short as I can make them without causing any binding. It increases caster, but it might also have given me the tiny bit of extra clearance you guys apparently needed.

If you were still in bodywork stage you could make adjustments to that corner. Mosleyme did that on the front corner of the wheel opening on his barracuda, same idea. Basically you cut a pie shape out and re-weld it. Duster's have pretty tight front wheel openings. Of course I had to do some re-working of my Dart fenders on the front lower corner to clear my 275's (nothing like mosleyme did), but the back isn't even close to being an issue.

Before
attachment.php

After
attachment.php

Exactly, the adjustable strut rods fix the issue of them rubbing on the bolt.
Now if you are going to start cutting fenders yeah may as well try to make some nice 315 or 325s fit the front

Yes it is an a body 8.75. right now it has Yukon axles with green bearings, but those will come out and some of dr, diff's axles will go back in with taper roller bearings. I may go to discs in the rear too. Currently 11X2.5 drums.

This is why I'm really going to have to get a game plan and aave my $'s. So far I've put all my time and money in the frame and suspension, and I still need an engine too. I propped up the poor ol' 273 with timing chain, oil punp and some bearings b/c I don't know how long it will take to get the rest done.

Make sure the brake kit you use will work with tapered bearings.

-
Back