Spring relocation kit installed wrong?

-
Agreed. If the wheels are centered then the front hanger is in just about the right place. There could be a spring issue if they were changed. I remember seeing a chart with the measurements of the Mopar springs. I will see if I can find that. The springs could be an issue but not likely.

View attachment 1715309946

Front section I had measured at 19 5/8 so call that 20 and I just checked the rear section is 35” leading me to believe these are the springs off the parts car 1972 dart he got the driveline out of

Front section I had measured at 19 5/8 so call that 20 and I just checked the rear section is 35” leading me to believe these are the springs off the parts car 1972 dart he got the driveline out of
Good. Probably not an issue then. From what I see, if the springs are correct and the front hanger looks good, the rear hanger needs corrected and the driveshaft as well. I would check the pinion angle as well. Just in case.

I'd get the us car tool rear hangers,install and then sort out the driveshaft length.

So crawling under the trans pan does match that of a 727, the start of the serial number is “PK” and attached is a photo showing the Center of the rear wheel off the front of the wheel well

View attachment 1715309951

What about going the other direction? same?

Also, the installed position of the rear shackle would make the rear higher by 2"+/- when in a vertical position. Agreed on replacing the rear mount to the correct location

Last edited:
For reference if it helps. Looks like 1-1/2" to the bolt CL on a stock front hanger.
upload_2019-3-27_10-20-16.png

What about going the other direction? same?

Also, the installed position of the rear shackle would make the rear higher by 2"+/- when in a vertical position. Agreed on replacing the rear mount to the correct location

The wheel well on my 70 isn’t round so the back flares back white a bit more, comparing the rear to the front the tires are centered in the wheelwell the same, and with my new front mounting spring point to be within an 1/8” of another members parts car measurements he gave me I do believe the front mount and the springs to be correct for the car

So the rear mounts definitely need to be redone, and the driveshaft will probably need to be lengthened as the previous owner must have had it shortened 3/4-1” too much

9196A0D5-D6DA-4558-8DA9-290D9FD13743.jpeg

-
Back