Spring relocation kit

-

dartcuda1

67 Barracuda 500ci 6sp
Reaction score
Well I started to put the car back togather.I have my body guy he was going to start puting the rocker panels on and I was going to Da the car down to bear metal so we could fix all the rest of the rust and put it in primer.I though my troubles were over.NOT the pro in my area{REMBER HE HAS A FAB SHOP AND STILL BUILDING RACE AND STREET CARS}HE IS IN WEST CHESTER PA NOW.Something told me to look over his work since he told me to pick up my car in the dead of winter.I go over his house and the only thing in his yard is my car,3500.00 dollers of work and I am going to try to post some pictures of what he did.Destoryed my car he did not one thing that I asked or the way I wanted.He moved out of his house not telling me anything just left a message come pick up your car.Every thing he did has to be redone.I don,t what I am going to do at this point.The guy did come over to are shop to look at the car and told me his son would finish the car.I cant get a hold of them at all.If the pictures come up I think you all would be pissed off with me One thing no matter what there shop wont be touching anything I have.If anybody lives in the west chester area I will give you his name so you wont have this happen to you. Mark

18.jpg

17.jpg

106.jpg

53.jpg

197.jpg

196.jpg

WOW! What a hack job. Sorry to here about that. Good luck on getting it worked out. Did you kick him in the junk? I would of.

What the h%ll is that! Really sorry to see such a poor job. I would be Piss#d. I would warn people about this "amateur bodyman."

Well i ordered new boxes for the springs and I don.t know if I going to put mini tubs iin it or not. I have a set of dart tubes that maybe I can use.I got quit a few numbers on the cost for duster tubs but they were out of my price range.One thing I learned to do was weld so now I can do it my self.I will post pics of everything.What is going to make me happy is cutting his stuff out.If any one has any advise or parts I am going to need sheet metal {tubs,trunk extentions and end caps please help.Thanks Mark

I feel your pain. Last summer I paid $2400 to a local fabricator/hot rod guru to mini-tub and relocate my springs. He used my vehicle as a teaching tool and let some young gun cut and weld everything. It turned out shitty and has been back to his house 5 times correcting things. He smeared rubberized undercoating on the inside of my trunk to hide the work, and said that he had to do that to get it to seal!!!

Sorry to hear that, that is a fine example of why I almost always do it myself. It is how we learn, and if you screw up, just fix it, your only out time and not much $$$. Just my $.02

Man, what a disaster. I feel your pain. I have had the same experience on the mechanical side. Just proves the old saying, "If you want it done right, do it yourself."

It looks like you will be needing some outer wheelhouses. good luck finding them. Also I can only guess but is this B-Cuda or other A-body. No trunk extensions are avialble for the A-body cuda. So you have to use duster ones and modifiy them. (not easy but can be done) Also jims auto has a one piece trunk that is a great piece. Plan on replacing all including the quarters if you want it right. It took me three years of nights and weekends to do that job. good luck find the panels frist!!

OH my lord!!!!!! I'm real sorry to see that happened to you. I actually bought everything I needed to do my WHOLE CAR MYSELF!!!!! I've done everything. I did a ton of body work with my torch. Heating up the metal and all that. The reason I did is because of things like your car. I'll never let anyone do that to me. That is way lame. I'm sorry man. I would find that guy and kick him REALLY HARD IN THE NUTS and then at least get your money back.

Sorry brother. Good luck with the repairs. I had never done a mini tub till i did my dart. Take your time and fit thing twice and cut once and you'll be fine.
Matt

Sorry brother. Good luck with the repairs. I had never done a mini tub till i did my dart. Take your time and fit thing twice and cut once and you'll be fine.
Matt

I agree with the others here. It takes some time but if you learn how to do it yourself you will always know it was done right and you have the intense pride of DIY ownership. Mini tubs are not that hard, just take your time. I split mine inboard of the braces and added the material to the center. I didn't own a welder at the time so I used 3/16 steel rivets at 1" centers.

The easiest way I've found to do this now is to buy a set of boat trailer fenders. They're cheap, pre-arched and weldable. Just cut to width and length, tack in place and stich weld them in.

Sorry for your pain, good luck!

-
Back