Spring sliders

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
Thinking about using these with Caltracts. Looks like they would also lower the car by maybe an 1" or more by removing the rear hanger. Any thoughts on them?

sliders.jpg

I have been told they can bind on the street, but don't take my info as the truth. I'm sure more opinions will be on the way.

Sliders are typically used on "round n round" cars. I'd just use the Caltracts with poly rear bushed hangers.

Couple things I was liking was that it may lower car a little and help keep the rear end centered a little better. Going to be running some wide tires that won't have a lot of side clearance in the fenderwells of the Valiant

I am in the process of installing them on my car since the relocation kit raises the rear of the car due to the installation of the rear shackle mount on the frame instead of through it. I need the rear to sit alittle lower.

I can't see them binding any more than shackles can but I do se them correcting some of the geometry issues prone to leaf springs.

I have never used them, but I asked about them before. I was told that you need to keep them well grease and are cleaning them often as dirt gets up in them easily, especially with grease on them.

They are awesome for racing and for street, will lower the car a lil' bit but only about half the length that is subtracted by removing the shackles. they free up the movement of the rear suspension.

Got any pics or pointers on installing them 68 HEMI GTS, I have not heard of any problems running them on the street and they free up the suspensions from binding.

i can snap a few pics if you need them, i just welded them right to the frame (kind of crude). i've seen some guys make up real nice brackets for them but i didn't want to make the install to perminate

I tried to order these through Summit(to Ontario,Canada)got an e-mail stating they couldn,t send them,due Ministry of transport rules?Don,t know why?I fixed my problem with the hangers sitting to the rear of the car too much(after spring relo.).

-
Back