squeaky poly bushings driving me nuts, ideas?

-

screeminDemon

Reaction score
Does anybody have any good tips on how to reduce or stop the squeaking I'm getting from polyurethen bushings?

PS - my rear leaf spring shackle bushings are squeaking too but I think they are rubber... not positive on that

Which bushings are you talking about, specifically?

Polyurethane bushings are notorious for squeaking.
They've been annoying people since the 1980s.

That's why the self-lubricating poly-graphite bushing was invented.

A while back when I did my bushings some people suggested installing a zerk/grease fitting into the leaf spring. I did not do this mostly because I was not pulling the entire rear end. I like the vegetable oil idea but the bushings are TIGHT I am not sure how you would get it in there. I used a synthetic grease for suspension on mine and my passenger side has a light squeek but not bad at all.

Which bushings are you talking about, specifically?

Polyurethane bushings are notorious for squeaking.
They've been annoying people since the 1980s.

That's why the self-lubricating poly-graphite bushing was invented.

I'm pretty sure I've isolated the noise to upper control arm bushings in the front and leaf spring shackle bushings in the rear. Seems only the passenger sides are noisy...

Is adding grease fittings a good plan ? What about the front eye bushings.. Drill a tiny hole through the spring for a grease fitting ?
I asked because I have Energy Suspension black urathane bushing still in the box and need to decide , use them or toss them.

-
Back