Squirrels....

-
Had a girlfriend of mine that still lives in my home town call me the other day. While we were talking I heard a gun shot.
I ask, " WTF was that?"
She said, "Oh, that's just Matthew. (her 16 yr old son) He's out back squirrel hunting, I hope he got one."

I said, " You see that's the difference between living in the country and living in the city. You hear a gun shot and you think FOOD and I hear one and think oh no the crack heads are armed!!"

Oh yeah, Matthew got one:

Matts kill2.jpg

Matts kill3.jpg

Matts kill4.jpg

Matts kill5.jpg

Matts kill2.jpg

Matts kill3.jpg

Matts kill4.jpg

Matts kill5.jpg

I walked around the property and the squirrels were busy gathering nuts and blooms, At least 10 and all about 30 yards away and did not mind me being there, I am waiting till after November then it's time to thin them down and make some trail mix white been and ham with 10 Squirrels will make a few large freezer bags full, That reminds me I need to get a big pot of chilly made and stored up in the freezer . Who know what winter will bring. :clock:

Thank you Joe, So the longer the barrel the quieter it is :read2: The four arm feel so go and the trigger is just a soft short (very short) motion. I need to take it to the flat lands and see what it does at 125 yard.

I have had gator tail meat and bushels frog legs and can't get enough of it, It's been a couple years since I enjoyed gator.

Yep. I had a CETME in .308 with a 18 1/2" barrel and that sucker could make a rock star deaf in two shots. I also had a 45-.70 Cowboy with a 28" octagon barrel and even with my own super hot handloads it was almost tolerable without ear protection. I also had a Remington (model 760?) semi-auto brush gun in .30-06 with a 18.5" barrel and it would wake the dead. Muzzle flash was brutal too. My buddies 24" .30-06 bolt action wasn't nearly as bad.

That fore-arm is nice. Not as fat as a beavertail style but hand filling nonetheless. I don't like skinny forearm's either. I'll bet trigger is nice and broken in after years of use. What year make and model is that? I'm going to take a wild stab at something like 1930's?

Edit: Sorry Mike! I just reread your post. Good guess on the year!

That is a very cool looking Squirrel Badart :happy10: Thank you for sharing 8) A big Red fox Squirrel needs to get him some of that and see what the kid's look like :glasses9: But the Fox Squirrels only get to about 2 1/2 lb's

That fat bastard in your picture is the same we have here. Maxi would LOVE get herself some squirrel. :-D

crap i shoot them all the time never though about eating them the cyotes and buzzards eat them along with the woodpeckers they wont last a night were i live

and plus i guess i should use a smaller gun so they are actually edtible after they get hit

lmao i guess i should try it

Never really had squirrel before... course there's a lot that i haven't eaten before, but if it looks edible and is some sort of meat, I will try it at least once.

-
Back