SRT8 vs R/T (cost vs options)

-

player1up

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a new ( new to me ) Hemi car ( magnum or charger ) within the next year. I know it's a little early to start looking but I like to do my research.

Sooo, the question is this:
Do the added features of the SRT really add up to the extra cost?

I'm familiar with the selling points of the SRT vs RT, for example "high performance suspension" vs " performance suspension", but what EXACTLY does that mean?

I'm hoping for technical details as well as owner feedback.

The R/T will knock your socks off...the SRT will knock your full outfit off!

If you want as much performance as you can, go for the SRT, if you want to stay in a budget or keep yourself from too many speeding tickets get the R/T

Me, I have alway looked to buy the biggest fastest myself, so I went for the SRT with the Challenger and I LOVE IT!!

I have a 07 SRT8 Charger and I can tell you it is worth every penny you spend over the cost of the R/T. The preformance of this machine is amazing. The braking, handling, acceleration leaves the R/T in the dust. Hands down worth the extra cost and beter choice.

The SRT is just mean. I work at a local chrysler dealer and have driven both R/T and SRT 8 magnums. The R/T is a daily driver that goes a little faster and handles a bit better. The SRT 8 magnum is one of the best stock performance cars i've driven. It is very fast and handles like crazy, me and my dad were out pushing it pretty hard and couldn't put it sideways, it always held the corners. I found it really surprising how fast and how well it handled. I think that it really depends on what you're looking for. if you just want a car thats cool it'd say an R/T magnum but if you want a cool car that hauls A%$ then buy the SRT8. just my opinion

rjsjea, OOO, LOTS of cool info over there...(writes note to self to join)

robertnb64, Now that I think about it, I've been in the place of "I wish I had gotten... instead" before and I'm not looking to visit there anytime soon.

djpearce/74scamp360, THAT'S exactly what I was looking for, real life experience. My brother was trying to talk me out of the SRT saying that the 5.7 was good enough, but I'm wanting the whole package, not wanting to mess with power adders and suspension upgrades. Not that there is anything wrong with that but no sense in my mind when I could just get it in one bada$$ package.

Looks like I'm biding my time and will be headed down the SRT road when the time is right.

yup SRT for sure if you just want to get in and go. if you're willing to do upgrades(which i saw you said you don't really) then the R/T would be fine but for jump in and go performance the SRT cars all the way!!

If you have the $$s get the SRT, I have an 09 Challenger SRT 6 spd. The tires, brakes and suspension well and yes the 6.1 more than are enough to pay for the price gap. Brakes alone going to brembos is the hot ticket. I have seen so many brakes are warped R/T post, and then many of those folks upgrade the sway bars etc.

Again, if you can swing the $$s get the SRT and dont look back..

good luck!

-
Back