SS Springs on 75 Duster

-
ointbattery hold downs done.........

taking a look at header collector extension...look like the driver side TTi header is sitting low....need to get collector to point upwards or it will dragging on the floor..
need to get some small stuff done......
and front end aligned....i can do that myself...

Took a existing collector extension and angle cut it...rewelded the extension..bingo...
need to sit down and make up a things to fix list...or things to get done...lol
waiting on some air bleeds to get the E85 carb on it...

ointbattery hold downs done.........

taking a look at header collector extension...look like the driver side TTi header is sitting low....need to get collector to point upwards or it will dragging on the floor..
need to get some small stuff done......
and front end aligned....i can do that myself...

Which TTi 's are you running ?
I have 1 7/8" W2 race with 3.5" collectors and I want to know where to install my O2 bungs so they can be ready to go when I install the engine.
Not sure where I will have the most clearance for the sensors.
Do you have any pics of the collector area ?

these are an old set of 1 5/8 stepped headers....been on several cars...

I actually have a set of 1 7/8 with 3.5 collector in box...oh wait no bungs for 02 sensor....bung for pan evac...

Swapped out carb today....car has not been to the track yet and **** is changing...LoL....removed holley 950 (not really 950)...but holley call it that...

Installed 750 dp that is made for E85...bought it awhile back and had to change back all the stuff that was changed on it...jets...air bleeds and squirters.....

Took a picture of new carb.....Green metering blocks...

got some other valve covers to put on it...and hook up pan eva system if it runs without mufflers....

20181208_100415_resized.jpg

Updated picture swapped out valve cover...lite weight aluminum...lol

did some small things in the trunk...put seat cover on...lol

going to put some e85 in the tank and start it up with new carb....probably need to be adjusted..

need to get sheet metal to make trunk firewall...getting close...and so is the season....only month away

20181217_142608_resized.jpg

Need to buy a new battery for this thing tomorrow....in my spare time...LOL

Any way...working on getting the front end aligned....I worked on it the other day but did not get done as I am having a problem with the camber on the passenger side....I have a friend lined up to do it tomorrow.....but i am going to give it another shot in the morning..

Started it up a couple of days ago running on E85 for the 1st time...had to adjust the idle circuit ....after a few minutes of warming up.....it sounded great...
Trying to get it out to the track by the end of the months if these dam 904s will leave me alone....

This thing needs to be at the race track Friday night....I have promised a local racer he can use it for a couple of races until his engine is completed....

Rear fire wall.....front end alignment still and removal steering wheel .....

Rear fire wall done...
Steering wheel done ...can be snapped on and off..
Wheel alignment...done....

Got a bunch of little things to do....but the wheels will not fall off of it....Not going to Friday night TnT due to sister being in town....Saturday it races....Need to wash car...and vacuum interior....

it made it to the track ....but it was not pretty.....had to fix a few things there....hope tomorrow is a better day

at least you guys have e85 in vegas... nothing up here.

I know a guy up here in Boise that sells/ships E85 by the 5 gal or 50 gal qty . They have a website but cant remember the name of it offhand.
Yeah, there isn't jack **** up here.. I mean You can order it in bulk I believe from one of the fueling businesses. But not a normal pump thing. I was thinking about getting a 55g drum of 110 or something, but damn shipping is pricey.

The owner of Stinker Convenience stores told me that it requires a Special dedicated tank .He had it in a few stores but it didnt sell...

blew a head gasket.....oh well....get in line to get fixed...lol

not so sure about that head gasket.....we have water in the oil....drained the milk shake....let it set for a couple of days and let the water evaporate from the valve train...drain water from radiator and put fresh oil and filter...did a compression test and all cylinders are at 160 lbs..

so...water is coming from timing chain cover ...cracked cylinder...or intake....intake has been off and on with new gasket...

So to make thing easier...I am swapping out engines...have another engine with a little better parts........took out hydraulic cam and replaced with MP 557 ..got it degreed in at 105.5....I love that big Moroso degree wheel...engine is zero decked with kb107 pistons...h beams rods and internally balanced with stock set of eddy heads...intake to be eddy air gap or holley strip dominator....750 holley on GAS.....

Got a few little things left on this car to be able to race friday night....the msd 6 will not fire now.......figured out the problem....wired it to the alternator post....instructions say not too...LOL
Installing spare msd ....

Driver of the rent a wreck came by and we loaded it up on the trailer...sounds pretty good...

Rained all day in Vegas.....yard got floored by the run off the road....and one of the bays in the garage takes on water cause the idiot who build it on the lowest part of the yard......so my feet were in water all day.....

Well the rent a wreck 1st pass went 11.80 shooting ducks at the top end...up the jetting and went 11.70. That is all i know. Not at the track tonight.....

started disassembly of the steam engine...had water in oil....got intake and heads off...see nothing ....head gaskets look good....more to come maybe next week....I need a day off..

I heard the Duster went 3 rounds today.....too dam cold to be at the track.....sofa queen today

I got a set of valve springs on order for this thing...using the Eddy single spring with the MP 557 cam....it survived the weekend.....going to swap out a few parts from the engine that was removed...like the Smith Bro pushrods and 1.6 intake rockers.......

The 75 Duster is home now.....the guy who was racing it wants to race his own car for Mats....
I loaned him a 360/904 motor/trans combo...plus driveshaft and headers to put in his Duster...as he runs big blocks

The 75 Duster will get a roll bar this summer...as the engine I loaned him was going in this car...the old 360 that came out of the 71 Fuster...

-
Back