ss springs with caltracs

-

71d3m0n

Reaction score
i have a 71 demon with a mini tub and ss springs . i have a set of caltracs but i wasnt sure if they would do any good with the ss springs . i have a money hungary ex so i am on a tight budget . i guess my question is will it hurt me if i put the caltracs on until i can get toe mono leaf .

Ive read and heard they dont work well. They both try to do the same thing in different ways not a good combo.

thats what i was afraid of . i have the worst traction problems . just trying to get something not very pricey to help for now thank you for the reply

Have you tried an adjustable pinion snubber?(adj to about 1/2 inch from the floor)either that or new slicks.How much HP and what engine/car?

71 demon 440 727 3k stall 456 spool . gears are next on the list 410 or 391 . motor is 10:1 solid roller cam not sure on the horse power and it will c its first track run this spring .it keeps up with a camero that runs 11.4 but if i could hook up i think it would be much faster.

The Super Stocks lift tall to plant a small area tire.Needs tall shocks(70 Imperial work!).All the Cal tracs does is bind the spring against the bar(AKA old Tracton Masters). Money hungry complies with SS springs.Pull a shock.get a exteneded measuement.Look up specs,70 Imperial extended specs.Only Monroe will do that in public.If they match ,you are good.If not ,buy a cheap gas shock for a 70 Imperial.

i will call calvert tomorrow but im sure i already know what they will say

A 60 ft time would help.You at Famoso? Or street baggin?(LOL)

thats the strange thing the car sits very low in the back and the driveline is almost perfectly level

I m in the same bout, but Im thinking about de-arching the springs to get them to work with each other

it has the leaf spring relocation kit and is in the middle hole on the front hanger im not really sure what is going on back ther it is weird i havent worked much with rear suspension and how to get it to work . i think the rear shocks are too long when i hit a good bump the shocks will bottom out .lol

i did the drive train . and it works good i havent touched rear yet so dont laugh lol

Start with the cheap stuff.(LOL!) I would move the front spring eye bolt to the top bolt.This will shock the tires quicker,for a shorter time.If that does not work,pul the shocks,see if they match 70 Imperial rear shock specs.If the extension is too long,LIke you say) we might need pics.I miss street racing in the valley!

Either run the SS springs by themselves or sell them here and buy the Calverts Mono-leafs.Take a quick look at the rear hangers(with the car on the ground).They should be sitting at 7,oclock or straight up and down.If they are forward,there,s your problem.

the rear shackels are about 7 o clock . if i put the front hanger bolt in the top hole it will lower the car alittle more and its already pretty low

ill take some pics in the morning . my street tires are 275-60-15 and my slicks are 28-10

if you want to sell your caltracs pm me im chasing a set, but im in australia and there hardish to get ahold of.
thanks
Ash

not saying it will work for u..but I went with new stock leafs with a slid a link...from comp engineering...and 50/50 adjustable shocks...JMO on what I did..

wayne

You should have at least 4" rise, 2" down. The car rear body should rise 2" at launch, if not, shocks to tight, springs to tight, slicks not hitting, Same with the front; whole car should raise 2".

-
Back