ssbc brakes / A199 kit

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

my left front caliper (68 Valiant, KH Disc setup) is sticking, the bleeder nipple of the right caliper is stuck.....so i´m thinking of some upgrades here.

Does anybody have some experience with the SSBC A199 Kit they sell? They claim it´s "plug and play" when you have the original KH Setup, sounds good to me. I´d like to keep the existing discs, they are pretty good. Since used parts are rare here in germany i don´t want to change to the 73-up setup with the sliding caliper - maybe this Kit is a good solution.

What do you think?

http://ssbrakes.com/i-10092711-caliper-set-comp-s-quick-change-aluminum-caliper-upgrade-kit.html

Michael

Looks nice, except for the price. Cheaper would be to get rebuilt calipers at rockauto, etc (~$100 ea w/ your cores returned), and that keeps the factory look (and weight!). Some after-market aluminum calipers from SSBC and Wilwood are "race only", because they don't have dust boots on the pistons, so research that angle. I don't know how important that is. On most of my newer cars, the dust boots get torn anyway.

Hi Bill,

there is a version with dust seals, these are around 440 USD at summit. Returning the cores from here (Germany) to USA means additional money, so for me the price seems ok.

Thanks for your opinion!

Michael

These calipers were part of my disc brake conversion kit. Really can't say anything bad very easy to bleed, work very well.
As for the looks if you want stock, I would give a shot with fixing the KHs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 180
-
Back