SSBC kit, what spindles?

-

MoparDreamin

Reaction score
I decided to get a ssbc disk brake kit for my 1965 dart with 9" drums. I need some 10" drum brake spindles. What years will work. Is it only 1967-1972?

Also, which lower ball joints do need? I can use the stock sized uppers, right?

If you are using a disc brake kit that utilizes the 10 inch drum brake spindle, which it looks like you are, any 10" drum brake spindle from 67-76 will work... They are available everywhere (used) and come up frequently on the for sale section. Or just put in a wanted ad for 10" drum brake spindles, and I'm sure you will get quite a few responses...

For lower ball joints, use the ball joints that are for a 10" drum brake spindle for any 67-76 A-body. You will have to use big ball joint upper control arms, you cannot use the small ball joint units you have now...Once you acquire the large ball joint A-arms, use UBJ from any 73-76 A-body that had disc brakes...

You can find the ball joints cheapest at rock auto...

For lower ball joints, use the ball joints that are for a 10" drum brake spindle for any 67-76 A-body. You will have to use big ball joint upper control arms, you cannot use the small ball joint units you have now...

Sure you can use those small ball uca´s, 72 and older spindles ARE for small bj... 73 and up I´m not sure

Sure you can use those small ball uca´s, 72 and older spindles ARE for small bj... 73 and up I´m not sure

From my understanding, I thought this kit needed the big ball joint upper control arms? If it uses the same ones he has, then awesome!

The kit is a bolt on for pre 72 cars having 10" drums. I thought that the UCAs were the same for 9" and 10" drums. The big question that I had was on the LCA BJs.

-
Back