SSBC proportioning valve questions

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
While doing my brake kit i also decided to get new stainless steel brake lines.
Removed them the other night, but i also looked to see where the proportioning valve would mount. It doesn't appear to be much room behind the distribution block for the valve with the included 2 inch long line. Where have you mounted them?

Also, with stainless steel lines, can i cut them and double flare them? or is stainless too hard?

Thanks

they are pretty damn hard to double flare. I think I am going to bend and cut all mine first and then take them to a brake shop that has a hydraulic double flare tool. I'll pay them to flare the stainless lines, unless I can find a tool that will do it that is not too expensive.

The cheap tools will not touch stainless. I tried. A buddy has a snap-on tool, so maybe I'll try it first.

Anywhere past the distribution block is fine. Most put it on the frame rail away from headers.

stainless does not need to be double flared. standard steel does because it has a seam that will split if only single flared. dave's right, a regular flare tool will not flare stainless.

another idea is to get a big pipe and roll the brake line over it to create a couple of bends to take up the slack instead of cutting and flaring. in a sense creating an "S" shape.

You can make an "s" shape or coil it around a 2-3" pipe if you have lots of extra length. This is what my instructions from inline-tube.com says.

ok, i think i'll try bending it instead of cutting it.

Thanks

-
Back