[WANTED] Stabilizer bar bracket

-

ajarofclay

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Morning all, I'm looking for the passenger side stabilizer bar bracket for a 1972 Demon 340. I have to imagine that it is the same on quite a few years and models. I'm attaching a picture of the existing driver side and also the passenger side that must have bottomed out on something years ago. I appreciate everyone's time..

20240416_092322.jpg

20240416_092406.jpg

Those look the same as 67 up.

They are typically "permanently" attached to the say bar.

So you might have better luck looking for a 67 thru 72 sway bar?

How would you replace the grommet then? They surround that triangular rubber grommet and bolt to the K frame. Once that grommet is removed they should fall free.

The way you remove them is cut the weld on the one end and spread it. Once the new rubber is replaced you squeeze it back together and weld it.

you can get the rubbers on ebay but finding the bracket cut away from the sway bar would be a tough find. There are so many out there you should be able to junkyard or parts wanted ad here.

I think there may be a yard up in our area... Dick Potts ? he always had older parts and performance crap as he is close to 41 dragway

The way you remove them is cut the weld on the one end and spread it. Once the new rubber is replaced you squeeze it back together and weld it.

Sounds about right, I was just hoping to find one that someone has seperated. I see used sway bars all the time and they don't seem to include the bracket and bushings. I know the bracket has a separate part number from the bar itself. Of course, as seems to be my curse, that number is different pre and post June of '72. :BangHead:

I think there may be a yard up in our area... Dick Potts ? he always had older parts and performance crap as he is close to 41 dragway
I'd kill to find a yard in my area. I'm astonished sometimes at the lack of big swap meets etc. in the Chicago and suburban area. All the yards around here seem to destroy these older cars. Sad, really. I will look into the one you mentioned.

I'd kill to find a yard in my area. I'm astonished sometimes at the lack of big swap meets etc. in the Chicago and suburban area. All the yards around here seem to destroy these older cars. Sad, really. I will look into the one you mentioned.
Dick Potts Auto Parts | Morocco IN this is the one. I haven't been there for years...my wife and I bought a damn parts car and put it in our barn for issues like this.

Dick Potts Auto Parts | Morocco IN this is the one. I haven't been there for years...my wife and I bought a damn parts car and put it in our barn for issues like this.
Your livin' large my friend. I wanted to buy a second car but I'm in a townhome a I'd have neighbors with torches and pitchforks if I did that.

A closer look at the parts book makes me think it's not a separate part though it can be separated. That parts book can be confusing sometime.

Your livin' large my friend. I wanted to buy a second car but I'm in a townhome a I'd have neighbors with torches and pitchforks if I did that.
I hope Dick can help you out. I have fond memories of that old guy and buying parts there. Yeah you and I don't live far apart but I can't do that non rural living. Too many rules and this is the F'n USA...your neighbors shouldn't be able to have a say in your life.

Morning all, I'm looking for the passenger side stabilizer bar bracket for a 1972 Demon 340. I have to imagine that it is the same on quite a few years and models. I'm attaching a picture of the existing driver side and also the passenger side that must have bottomed out on something years ago. I appreciate everyone's time..

View attachment 1716250560

View attachment 1716250561
there is that 72 340 car in parts cars maybe?

A closer look at the parts book makes me think it's not a separate part though it can be separated. That parts book can be confusing sometime.
Correct. The brackets and bushings weren't serviced separately. If you needed to replace the bushings, you had to order the entire anti-sway bar. :realcrazy:

Polyurethane replacement bushings are available. I haven't seen rubber, but they could be out there. I burned the rubber ones out with a torch. Using lots of silicone grease, I slid the new poly bushing over the bar. The I used Vise Grips and Channelocks to force the bracket over the bushings. Again, lots of silicone grease. I taped over the teeth on the pliers to keep from chewing up the bushings. Every other year or so, I loosen the brackets and squirt in some silicone grease using a grease gun and grease needle. It keeps them quiet.

I think I have one bracket. I'll check and get back if I can find it. Are they L/R, or can they be turned 180°?

Energy Suspension makes a bracket/insulator set. Uses the three factory bolt holes and adds a fourth (easy to do). You need the bar diameter to get the right insulator.

Correct. The brackets and bushings weren't serviced separately. If you needed to replace the bushings, you had to order the entire anti-sway bar. :realcrazy:

Polyurethane replacement bushings are available. I haven't seen rubber, but they could be out there. I burned the rubber ones out with a torch. Using lots of silicone grease, I slid the new poly bushing over the bar. The I used Vise Grips and Channelocks to force the bracket over the bushings. Again, lots of silicone grease. I taped over the teeth on the pliers to keep from chewing up the bushings. Every other year or so, I loosen the brackets and squirt in some silicone grease using a grease gun and grease needle. It keeps them quiet.

I think I have one bracket. I'll check and get back if I can find it. Are they L/R, or can they be turned 180°?
That would be fantastic if you have one. The part of the bracket that bolts to the K frame is definitely an opposite but closer inspection on the exterior part that busted off looks like it is identical and could be used to repair my damaged one even if I had to cut it off and re-weld it. My rubber grommet is in very good shape as the car has spent most of its 50 years inside. I could Grease the hell out of it and keep water nearby to keep from melting it.

20240518_121548.jpg

20240518_121600.jpg

20240518_121613.jpg

20240518_121701.jpg

Last edited:
I looked, but I can't find it. I have the bar, which used to have both brackets on it. I used one, but it was so long ago I don't remember which. I'll keep looking, but I'm not optimistic it'll turn up soon.

Okay, I'll give it a few days before I start trying to rig up something myself. Hopefully you stumble upon it. Like I said, I don't think it matters which side because the outside piece looks symmetrical. Keeping my fingers crossed.

That's actually the driver side and a mirror image of what I already have. I need the part that also BROKE OFF of that one that covers the bottom of the rubber grommet. You can see it in the pictures above.
I thought I had a new one a friend fabricated but haven’t been able to find it

Trust me str, I get it. I've owned this car for 50 years though and changed some many things as a Dumbass kid, I could kick myself. I've been focusing on getting it back together for a long time while trying to get as close to original as I can. If I can find an original bracket, I'd prefer that But I do have the setup you have here on my back burner.

-
Back