stage vi valve gear

-

needsaresto

Reaction score
So Ive bought a set of aluminum mopar stage vi heads.They have max wedge size ports,a 74 cc chamber and require offset intake rockers. I was lookingat hughes Edelbrock Victor head ofset intake rockers,which claim thye have a max .600 offset. This is more than enough offset for the maxwedge port and Im thinking they will work.

http://www.hughesengines.com/Index/...a2VyIEFybXMgJiBBY2Nlc3Nvcmllcw==&partid=23959

Whatcha think? They look like aluminum. While I would prefer ductile iron I cant seem to find them anymore. Does Isky still make them? I know crane no longer does. I'll likely also need adjustable rockers to get the geometry right,as well as shims. Adjustable pushrods might be a good idea too..

I have heard imbeciles say they are white metal and they are most certainly NOT.

They are an aluminum alloy with a small percentage I think of copper and magnesium. The rough non-anodized appearance they have is because of the stress relieving they recieve. They are machined, then shot peened I believe.

They feel more dense than the typical cheaper aluminum used in a cheaper rocker arm. I think you will be very happy with them.

I have these for the magnum smallblock and they are indeed very nice.

Isky still makes the sintered iron. Last set I bought was $335 but you should inspect them carefully first. I ended up having to tweak mine a little to get soem shavings out, and deburred and lightly honed the bores to make it all "right".

-
Back