[SOLD] Stainless braided kickdown cable kit for 904 auto for sale!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusterdude72

IN MOPAR MUSCLE MAGAZINE
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, so I bought this kit a little over a year ago ...cant remember where I bought it or the brand. Its a nice quality stainless braided kick down cable. I installed it on my 72 duster with 904 auto trans.....hopped in the car, pushed the gas pedal and heard/felt a "clank" noise. I thought I had snapped the cable or something so I unhooked it from the linkage and zip tied it out of the way for about a year while I restored the car (doesn't have any miles of use on it).

well the car is almost done now and I went ahead and ordered a new cable kit and installed it today and when I removed the cable I now have up for sale i found that the cable itself was actually fine....it was just the threaded end with the cable set screw at the transmission end of the cable had snapped (must have over tightened the jamb nut when I originally installed it). So as a remedy I drilled the end of the housing and tapped it and mounted the set screw there instead. Will still function like normal as is...but if you wanted you could still pick up a replacement end to put back in it even.

Here is a picture of the broke part

And here is how it looks with the drilled and tapped set screw in the new location

Here is a picture of everything ( includes mounting brackets for trans and for car,also includes the tear drop for a return spring location, also includes the nut and washer,comes with the post to connect to throttle linkage,comes with the wrenches used for the set screws, and of course the cable).

Still nice and clean looking hardware and cable

Anyways, should still be a good cable to use...but I already bought another one like I mentioned above , so I don't have a use for it.

$40.00 INCLUDING shipping in the states.

located in lower MI.

Paypal preferred.

PM with interest , Thanks

Sorry this sold earlier this afternoon and I haven't been around home since to mark the thread as sold guys.

It has been SOLD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back