Stall converter.

-

Galactic_eyes

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Hughes stall converters are any good? I have to replace my torque converter so I thought about just getting a 2500 stall converter instead. Any thoughts?

I should have added that my car has a GM 700R4 installed. I'm looking for a stall with lockup.

I can't beleave my eyes? They must be failing me ---- its getting very dark....A 700R4????????????????????????
LOL, Matt

A buddy of mine runs a Hughes converter in his work truck. 1 ton truck with a 454 I built for lots of torque. Has been doing fine for over 3 yrs. now. Only thing is the stall isn't quite as high as they said it would be.

Why would you morphidite a 700r4 into a Mopar when they have their own and much better trannys and with no mods---lota work for a pos gm trans that you are going to have to shitcan in the not to distant future....doesnt make no sense to me why, for me its MOPAR OR NO CAR..ALL THE WAY......I wouldnt even run a glide or a 9'' ford in a MY MOPAR........I guess to each its own........guess you'll learn the hard way and the costly way........not knocking you or your car just your choice of parts from a brand x which is very inferior to MA MOPAR..............GOOD LUCK;;;;;MY EYES DONT WANT TO HEAR IT AND MY EARS DONT WANT TO SEE IT...LOL.....You asked for a opinion on convertors, with Mopar's--hughes is good--Frank Lupos Dynamic Convertors rock--neil chance--many good ones....but in this application I am clueless and have no idea......maybe a vega vertor..........are you actually running a dodge engine or brand x ?

Pretty harsh there aren't you RBDART? I'm not defending using non mopar parts but flaming him like that is just uncalled for.

I WASNT FLAMING ANYONE JUST QUESTIONING THE LOGIC, THIS IS A MOPAR SITE .........RIGHT?? THEN LETS TALK MOPAR.........IF SOMEONE PUTS IT OUT THERE LIKE THAT THEN DROPS THAT GM CRAP IN THE END IS KINDA A MOCKERY TO MOPARS IN MY OPINION....MAYBE IT WAS OR WASNT INTENDED, BUT NEVERTHELESS I FEEL THAT MOPAR LOYALTY IN THIS NEWER GENERATION AND MODERN AGE IS QUICKLY WANING [FADING]...WITH ALL THAT SAID, WHO ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHATS UNCALLED FOR ? DID I SAY OR DO ANYTHING TO OFFEND YOU PERSONALLY? NO I DID NOT, JUST HAD TO ASSERT YOUR SELF PROCLAIMED AUTHORITY WITH YOUR CHASTISING REMARK..WELL YOU AINT MY DADDY SO YOUR COMMENT ''was uncalled for'' ..........AS FAR AS WHAT I STATED IN RESPONSE TO 'STALL CONVERTOR' WAS MY OPINION CONCERNING MOPARS NOT BRAND X.......WAS NOT AN ATTACK ON THIS GUY OR THE CAR, JUST THE BOMB DROPPED IN THE END CONCERNING THE TRANNY USED WAS WHY I ASKED IF IT WAS A EVEN A DODGE ENGINE.....APPARENTLY THE ONLY ONE FLAMED HERE WAS YOU...SO LETS JUST CHILL OUT AND CARRY ON..........ONLY THING THAT WAS PUT DOWN WAS A TRANS CHOICE--IF THATS WHAT HE LIKES AND WANTS THEN THATS HIS PERROGATIVE TO DO SO .....BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I DONT HAVE TO LIKE IT AND THATS MY PERROGATIVE.......

Look I didn't put this trans in my car, it was in there when I bought it. Yes, this is a Mopar site. Yes, lets talk Mopars. Did you know that there are several people on here that run the same trans in there Mopars? Yes! One person on here has one in both of his Mopars.
I know for god sake that this is a Mopar message board. All I was wanting to know is if anyone could recommend a stall converter. I did not want to get the third f**cking degree about having this trans in my car. The first reply I got was to links for Mopar converters. In realizing that I forgot to mention that I had a GM trans in my car. ooopps a mistake that I made and I was not making a mockery. WTH is that? Why would I make a mockery of the greatest cars ever built? A buddy of mine built this car. He is an excellent fabricator and mechanic that has worked for both Chrysler and GM.
Would I want to go back to the 727 that was in it? Yes I would but that is not an option with this car now.
To the ones that helped me, Thank you.

Give Lenny at Ultimate converters a call,he's a great guy to deal with and will build you exactely what you need..

OK everybody, lets settle down and just HELP each other.

My Hughes 2400-2500 tc behind my newly rebuilt 904 with Transgo shift kit works very well. I just need a bit more gearing than my 3.21s (which are still fine) and I will be in good shape.

Thank MoparJ. I have the same 321 gearing with a suregrip as well or at least for right-now. Does your converter stall at advertised stall?

-
Back