Stamped steel rockers

-

LarryB340

Reaction score
I was ask a question the other day....what is the maximum cam lift you can use with 1.5 stamped steel rockers? Any idea?

I wouldn't run them with anything over .500 lift...unless you buy the MP heavier stamped steel ones

I ran the MP .509 cam with um.Drag only car 69 440.Ran the crap out of that car.Never a problem.

I bought new mopar rockers and have already installed a Lunati Voodoo. 513/.533 with advertised duration of 272/384, in a 340 with "J" heads, 2.02/1.60 valves, gasket matched, aftermarket dual springs. A buddy back home has a comparable cam in his with stamped steel rockers, and beats on it at the track as well as the street, over 10 years now. So I went for it. I guess I'll know soon enough. Someone ask me the max lift question and I kinda got worried for a minute, didn't want to give the guy bad advice.

What valve springs? I ran a .509 DC cam with stock rockers and beat the hell out of it for several years before it poked a pushrod through one. If the springs aren't outrageous you should be golden.
Not sure of the brand, they look like more of a dampener spring on the inside, they were on the heads when I bought them, my machinist thinks they are aftermarket, not stock 340 springs, he checked em, as well as checking seat pressure. They may be direct replacement for the factory springs. Said they would go as high as .550 lift. But that would be pushing it.

Well, .580" lift on a solid roller.

But it was a big block.........

Early adjustable rockers 001.jpg
Early adjustable rockers 002.jpg
Early adjustable rockers 003.jpg

High valve spring load is the issue with the stock stamped steel rockers. 65'

-
Back