standard to auto neutral safety switch?

-

rigger3006

Reaction score
72 demon, originally slant with 3 spd std, now 318 /727 with b&m megashifter. i have new NSS and pigtail. unfortunately i am not too adept with wiring. not worried about backup lights, just want it to start in P or N, any thoughts or ideas would be great. thanks

Simple. Your car should have had a clutch safety switch. you should have a starter relay with two "push on" terminals. One of them should have gone through the firewall to the clutch switch. Disconnect that and run that relay terminal down to your new auto switch, the center terminal

Your relay should look like this one. One of the push on terminals gets "start" signal from the key, the other used to connect to your clutch switch

mg]

starterrelay.jpg

This is annoying as hell Hope they get this fixed

Simple. Your car should have had a clutch safety switch. you should have a starter relay with two "push on" terminals. One of them should have gone through the firewall to the clutch switch. Disconnect that and run that relay terminal down to your new auto switch, the center terminal

Your relay should look like this one. One of the push on terminals gets "start" signal from the key, the other used to connect to your clutch switch

mg]

starterrelay.jpg

This is annoying as hell Hope they get this fixed

wow, for once something simple! thanks for quick and knowledgable reply, kind of what i'd been thinkin but didnt think it'd be that simple!now i'm all good to pass tech at dragstrip if i dont blow something up first!

-
Back