Starlink is rockin' it

-

ab7fh

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-04-20 at 10.02.51 AM.png

Our long awaited Starlink kit arrived last Friday. We live in a rural AZ town with no cable, horrible DSL, and extremely intermittent radio modem services.

Starlink is still in Beta, and it does go down a few times a day, but it has never been down for more than a few minutes. Usually it's up and ready to go. They have an app that shows exactly how long the outages are, ping times, and even tells you how long until the next satellite hits when there is a gap. This is by far the fastest, and so far, the most reliable Internet we've had out here. For us this is our 6th Internet provider in 17 years at this location.

Awesome! Still $700 startup? What town you live in? I understand the starlink is limited to a certain latitude range...but with a few thousand pieces of space junk out there, it should get better with time.

Awesome! Still $700 startup? What town you live in? I understand the starlink is limited to a certain latitude range...but with a few thousand pieces of space junk out there, it should get better with time.

$599 for equipment and $99 a month.

I'm 60 miles NW of Phoenix.

-
Back