starter for TTI 440-200

-

roccodart440

Reaction score
My starter has progressively become weaker and weaker and is now at the point where it has left me wondering if I was going to get home. The engine is currently out and just got rebuilt, so now if the time to change it.

TTI lists 6 approved starters.

• Chrysler part no's: R53005984, 56027702AC
  • Mopar Performance part no's: P5249644AB, P5007860, P4286522
  • PowerMaster Performance XS torque starter no: 9523

What's the best way to go here based on your experiences?

The MP starter is a 92 (?) Dakota 5.2 starter and both of mine have not met me down in years. 11-1-360 sft cam. I have not yet used the other one you listed.

PowerMaster. Used on for 8 years on my 13-1 motor . never failed even when motor was hot it spun fast. One optima battery never had two mounted. I see them all the time on motors and cars we buy for parts . Including alternators. I just sold another alternator bought on this 440 for $30 dollars. I have several Power Masters starters . It seems PowerMaster is on everything now. Alternators sell fast they are wanted , Because they can be seen when you lift the hood. Starters only leave with those who need one.

DSCN1793.JPG

DSCN1801.JPG

What's the best way to go here based on your experiences?

A lot of those numbers are mostly the same mini-starter. The MC-Robb (not on the list) is probably the actual best, and costliest, but be forewarned you may need to grind the block to use it. I know, your thinkin, why would I buy the most expensive, especially if I have to grind the block??? Reason is, the whole thing can spin on the mount bracket to put the solonoid in any position, and give really good clearance from the headers. Some of the Powermasters work well with headers too.

Last edited:
i run the new still start on everything i can , smaller and cranks faster , just can't beat on it like the gear reduction start of old , lol . jus need to adapter the connection mounting for earlier blocks . on b and rb a terminal lug ends up right in a soft plug hole . i'd glue that one in . you don't want it to walk out and short the starter battery connection lug to the engine .

I have 440 with tti 2" headers with 3.5" collectors and gerst front end. I use the summit mini starter, clears and works great.

-
Back